Parking brake bypass

tim.owen

I have a Kenwood dnx 575s with the maestro rr module to keep steering wheel control. I added an hdmi port to rca composite connection be able to hook up my iPhone and screen mirror. It works great except it won’t work in motion. I did the parking brake bypass by connecting the parking brake wire to ground. This is a very common hack and usually works. This wire goes into my maestro rr and I can’t figure out how or any other way to get it working.
any ideas??

wouldn't you just connect both to ground? That is all that happens when connected to a parking brake. It just becomes a giant on off switch to ground.

wouldn't you just connect both to ground? That is all that happens when connected to a parking brake. It just becomes a giant on off switch to ground.
After doing more research I found that when you add the maestro rr
steering wheel control the only way to do a parking brake bypass is to add the 3 wire micro bypass to the radio harness at the main harness connection. They are about $10. I searched and watched dozens of YouTube videos before I found the answer. Crutchfield sold me everything but due to legal obligation could not and would not tell me what I needed or how to do it so I ordered the part off Amazon.
I hope this info helps others.

Reactions: mrjp