P0016 engine code

Sandra2C

Anyone having an issue with this engine code. My JK has been in the shop 6 times in the last two months and the dealership can’t seem to figure it out. Changed the phaser twice, changed out the PCM, changed one of the sensors and changed the oil in case of dirty oil. No resolution.

Mine just kicked the same code. Running a little rough as well.
Mine still has it. The dealership could not figure out what was wrong. I’ve been driving 9 months now with the engine light on. The dealership told me it would have to break down for them to know what to fix. Ridiculous!

My husband changed one of the sensors but could not get to the second sensor. I’m not sure if it was a Mopar part. It was purchased at Advanced Auto and not the dealership.

It does
My husband changed one of the sensors but could not get to the second sensor. I’m not sure if it was a Mopar part. It was purchased at Advanced Auto and not the dealership.

it does not idle rough but it makes aloud lifter noise when you cold Crank it. It has made that noise since I purchased the Jeep new. The same dealership could not diagnose that as well.

Sounds like you need to find another Dealership or repair place. Advanced Auto as far as I know doesn't sell OEM parts.

So I found the solution to my issue. After cranking back up I got an associated P0300 as well as my P0016. I sucked in a bunch of water through the rear main seal into the crankcase when I went out to windrock. The seal holds oil in but doesn't prevent fluids from entering. The rubber water dam that goes between the bell housing and the engine was never replaced after I had warranty work done in england, oil came out like a damn chocolate milkshake... flushed the oil 4-5 times and shes good to go.