Oil light and engine light

Acxman

JK Enthusiast
Hey All,
I have a 2008 jk. 127000 mi. Today my engine light came on and next to it a light came on that said “oil” ?
My oil is fresh and is up to proper level.
The book tells me that a “change oil” light will come on if the Jeep feels an oil change is needed.
My light just says “oil” only. Not “change oil” ?
My running temp is good.
Could the “oil” light really mean “change oil” ???
Or what else could it be ?
Thanks
Tom

Did you turn the ignition key on and press the accelerator pedal three times within 10sec to clear the oil light? My check engine light has been on for ten years( it is a Jeep) I do not bother with the code reader unless my ride is off. And I only panic if the MIL light goes off now. LOL

After I changed my oil change I reset the oil change message and then after about 100 miles the oil change message comes on all the time. It's just another one of those Jeep things.

I installed a real oil pressure gauge on my Jeep so that I know what my oil pressure is all the time.

Downstream driver side. Check your live data to see if it’s fluctuating properly on voltage. If it’s not, and you’re lucky, maybe your sensor just nutted out. Then it’s an easy fix. Good luck brother 🍺🍺

Not usually. Run the Jeep a little to warm the exhaust up some. I’ve had some turn right out before and I have had to put a small map torch on some to break loose. Make sure that your replacement has anti-seize on it.

Reactions: tJKrider
Are the downstream and up stream sensors specific to thier location ?

You need to buy this Brand they are OEM, if you look them up I think the 2 front ones are different PN's and the rears are the same PN's.

Reactions: BigAL07 and Danarch
U need the NTK 23159. Keep in mind that the downstream sensors only read the efficiency of your cats. The upstream controls the fuel to air ratio. Your ECU has a set parameters for the sensors. If u have a cat that is just starting to nut out even slightly out of that parameter it will throw that 158 code. Never hurts to change that sensor. A faulty injector will throw it also. If your Jeep is running fine and your fuel mileage is steady a failing cat can be fine for quite a long time. Keep in mind if you have no emissions testing in your state u can always get a set of O2 foolers online from Walmart and they will definitely shut that annoying CEL light off. I use them as well as a lot of other jeepers. Be happy to help u any way I can🍺🍺