No start, no crank (still) 2007 JK

BlissfulJK

Good afternoon (at least in my part of the globe).
I posted a question back in December of last year linked below...

https://wranglerjkforum.net/threads/no-start-no-crank.31724/page-2#post-462734

So still sitting in my barn not starting. I had a couple surgery's so wasn't able to do much of anything. Now I'm back at it, and more frustrated than ever.

So far what I've tried:
Replaced the starter
Bench tested and swapped relays
Replaced the ignition switch
Checked all fuses
Installed new massive ground from alternator stud direct to battery
Swapped batteries in keys and tried all 3
Pulled clutch safety switch and tried to jumper it
Tried the 4L trick

What it is currently doing:
Jeep will not start or crank or click. Also, the security light acts as it should and does not stay on.
I turn the key on, all dash lights work fine, I turn the key to crank, all lights go out except mileage.
There is a faint click, perhaps the relay, but no starter solenoid click.
I'm going to try to have some else crank as I check in the bay and TIPM. I will also attempt to pop start it.
Also as a background, I installed a light switch box (which works well) and used the jumper for the ignition lead in the fuse box. This was a couple days before the no start issue.

I've downloaded the wiring diagram, and I've pretty much exhausted my options. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on this.

Thank you in advance,
Theron

Reactions: vaffanculo
Good afternoon (at least in my part of the globe).
I posted a question back in December of last year linked below...

https://wranglerjkforum.net/threads/no-start-no-crank.31724/page-2#post-462734

So still sitting in my barn not starting. I had a couple surgery's so wasn't able to do much of anything. Now I'm back at it, and more frustrated than ever.

So far what I've tried:
Replaced the starter
Bench tested and swapped relays
Replaced the ignition switch
Checked all fuses
Installed new massive ground from alternator stud direct to battery
Swapped batteries in keys and tried all 3
Pulled clutch safety switch and tried to jumper it
Tried the 4L trick

What it is currently doing:
Jeep will not start or crank or click. Also, the security light acts as it should and does not stay on.
I turn the key on, all dash lights work fine, I turn the key to crank, all lights go out except mileage.
There is a faint click, perhaps the relay, but no starter solenoid click.
I'm going to try to have some else crank as I check in the bay and TIPM. I will also attempt to pop start it.
Also as a background, I installed a light switch box (which works well) and used the jumper for the ignition lead in the fuse box. This was a couple days before the no start issue.

I've downloaded the wiring diagram, and I've pretty much exhausted my options. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on this.

Thank you in advance,
Theron
Been through this with others on here having the same issue. ..its your ground since your not getting no click or crank..simple solution which helped me and others first clean your battery posts and terminals then get a heavy guage wire like twice as thick as a speaker wire connect it to the negative terminal and the other end to the alternator mounting bracket should kick right over...good luck let us know

Did you try unplugging and plugging all the fusible links..there are a few of them I'm not talking about fuses these look like a wire with a small plastic block and all you do is unplug it there are 3 of them just off the positive battery cable.give me a minute i try too send you a picture or video link

The images I'm trying too pull up are not good... Google fusible link locations on 2007 wrangler

Screenshot_20240617-173242_Google.jpg

The images I'm trying too pull up are not good... Google fusible link locations on 2007 wrangler

View attachment 127508
I haven't tried that yet. I will try that this afternoon.
I put the relay back in place and used the jumper and it cranks, but still won't fire. I thought it had to do with the key or relay, but no matter what I try, still no firing.

I put the relay back in place and used the jumper and it cranks, but still won't fire. I thought it had to do with the key or relay, but no matter what I try, still no firing.

Do you have a little red dot light on in the top right side of the dash cluster?

Just a thought spray some starting fluid in the air filter while cranking maybe from sitting so long it may need a kick

Reactions: BlissfulJK
If it's cranking with jumping the relay, but won't crank with the ignition, what are the possibilities? I'll check those 3 fusible links, but I'm not sure what else could cause that. I've tried multiple relays.

Have you pulled the IOD out and tried to start it, also checked to see if the terminals were clean where it makes contact with the Fuse?