New to the Wrangler world

Grandjeepster01

Hi, I just got my 13 JKU last summer and am trying to get back into the Jeep world. My last Jeep was an 01 WJ, but sold it for a more family friendly option when my son was younger, turns out a Grand Cherokee with death wobble is no fun for a family DD. I'm not a big fan of buying something someone already started a build on, but I couldn't pass up this Jeep when I found it. I do daily drive my Jeep, but I'm not afraid to wheel it either, when I get the chance that is. I have big plans for the future, as money allows. But I need to decide what's more important, building my Jeep, or finishing my shop for I can build my Jeep in comfort, lol. I look forward to learning and will try to contribute when I can, but I have been out of the off-road world as a whole for quite a few years now.

Reactions: Chris
Let's get this straight, the real Jeep is a wrangler (with a death wobble) :) so the GC and/or WJ does not count.
Welcome to the forum! Build your jeep first, the shop can wait :)

Welcome to the forum! There is no hate at all, I think he was just ribbing you.

How does your JKU wheel in comparison to that WJ you used to have? Do you find the JKU better suited for the family than the WJ?

Welcome to the forum! There is no hate at all, I think he was just ribbing you.

How does your JKU wheel in comparison to that WJ you used to have? Do you find the JKU better suited for the family than the WJ?

Thanks for the welcome! I didn’t take it personally, but I do know how some wrangler guys get when you mention another Jeep model.

I haven’t got to wheel it much (working 55-60 hr/week since I got it) but work should be easing up this year, so hopefully I’ll get on the trails more. The JKU is a better ride on the streets, which is what caused me to get rid of the WJ. The WJ didn’t like a 4 inch lift on short arms and 34” bias plies, and it turns out babies don’t like death wobble. But I did get it out in the snow for the first time today, and I was impressed with it. We were alone so I kept it safe, but even when I got a little worried about the snow depth it never felt like I was getting out of shape.

Reactions: Chris
Thanks for the welcome! I didn’t take it personally, but I do know how some wrangler guys get when you mention another Jeep model.

I haven’t got to wheel it much (working 55-60 hr/week since I got it) but work should be easing up this year, so hopefully I’ll get on the trails more. The JKU is a better ride on the streets, which is what caused me to get rid of the WJ. The WJ didn’t like a 4 inch lift on short arms and 34” bias plies, and it turns out babies don’t like death wobble. But I did get it out in the snow for the first time today, and I was impressed with it. We were alone so I kept it safe, but even when I got a little worried about the snow depth it never felt like I was getting out of shape.

Just saw you are over in Eastern Oregon (I'm in the Willamette Valley), how is the wheeling over there?

The JKs ride so much better on road than my TJ ever did as well. It's actually amazing how well they ride compared to the older Jeeps.

The thought of a baby in the car with death wobble makes me laugh. I'm sure the baby didn't like that at all, I know my kids wouldn't have liked that at all when they were babies, and probably still wouldn't right now :LOL:

Just saw you are over in Eastern Oregon (I'm in the Willamette Valley), how is the wheeling over there?

The JKs ride so much better on road than my TJ ever did as well. It's actually amazing how well they ride compared to the older Jeeps.

The thought of a baby in the car with death wobble makes me laugh. I'm sure the baby didn't like that at all, I know my kids wouldn't have liked that at all when they were babies, and probably still wouldn't right now :LOL:

I‘m just beginning to scratch the surface of the wheeling possibility over here. Most of my wheeling experience was in Arkansas.

Thanks! I see you’re in Arkansas. I spent 11 years there. Most of my wheeling experience came from Hot Springs. I used to ride with Arkansas Crawlers when I had my WJ.
We go down to the ORV park pretty often I would say. Can't wait for the big run in the spring, I went last year and rode. It will be nice to actually drive this go round.

Reactions: Grandjeepster01