New to the Jeep Family

IndominusHuman

JK Enthusiast
Good Morning everyone!

Yesterday I purchased my very first Wrangler (have had a '96 Cherokee before)! For over a year I have been searching for the perfect TJ. The plan was to pay cash and keep my car as well as to have the Jeep as a toy. Well, I went to look at a 03 Rubicon yesterday that didn't pan out and upon driving around I found this '17 Rubicon Recon with 18,000 miles. I didn't think I wanted a JK as I wanted to pay cash and the 4.0 is one of my favorite platforms. I just happened to see this on a lot and noticed it because my dad has a '17 Rubicon Recon Unlimited (same color). Test drove it, fell in love, and got a pretty decent deal on it.

My pup already loves it as do I.

We are going to the offroad park today to stretch her legs a little bit. I will update pictures later today.

IMG_0183.JPG

Damn man, NICE BUY!

Recon package and the super rare Mopar high top fender flares? I'd say you did as good as you could possibly have done.

How are you liking it so far?

@Chris, I love it so far! I need to pick up the fox steering stabilizer (we have one on our other jeeps and it is amazing), but the time will come. They are decently priced on amazon right now for under $400.

We took it to a nearby off-road park today and did their hardest Jeep trails. Didn't skip a beat.
IMG_0201.jpg
IMG_0205.jpg
IMG_0212.jpg

Damn man, NICE BUY!

Recon package and the super rare Mopar high top fender flares? I'd say you did as good as you could possibly have done.

How are you liking it so far?
I saw the build numbers for my spec jeep (at least 2 door recon) and there were roughly 1200. Chris, since you're the wizard, do we know just how rare the high top fenders are? Or was this an add on later?

I saw the build numbers for my spec jeep (at least 2 door recon) and there were roughly 1200. Chris, since you're the wizard, do we know just how rare the high top fenders are? Or was this an add on later?

The high top fenders were a Mopar factory accessory. You could get them installed by the dealer when purchasing the vehicle, or you could buy them from the dealer after the vehicle was already purchased. They were around $800 if I remember correctly, and they were made by Bushwacker for Mopar. They allow you to run a 35" tire with no lift, as they provide a significant amount of clearance over the stock fenders.

You can still find them on eBay (leftover stock), but they no longer make them anymore. They run around $1200 or so for a set, and the 2-door ones are even more rare than the 4-door ones, as the rear flares are different.

Either way, you don't see many of them around, but I've always thought they were really cool and definitely not common.

The high top fenders were a Mopar factory accessory. You could get them installed by the dealer when purchasing the vehicle, or you could buy them from the dealer after the vehicle was already purchased. They were around $800 if I remember correctly, and they were made by Bushwacker for Mopar. They allow you to run a 35" tire with no lift, as they provide a significant amount of clearance over the stock fenders.

You can still find them on eBay (leftover stock), but they no longer make them anymore. They run around $1200 or so for a set, and the 2-door ones are even more rare than the 4-door ones, as the rear flares are different.

Either way, you don't see many of them around, but I've always thought they were really cool and definitely not common.

Well awesome! I also have the reinforced tailgate with it looks like was around a $900 dollar option (I could be wrong on that number).

Went and explored with the pup this weekend. It was rainy and cold, but we got out and had some fun. We went to hike a few trails, but my idiotic self didn’t check before going and both trails I had scouted out were not dog friendly.
We ended up going to one of my favorite areas, Richland Creek. If you have never been to Arkansas, it is underrated. We have some beautiful views.

Also, may or may not have put 1300 miles on it since I got it a week ago. Whoops. I need to slow down a little. lol

7FF33CC6-2258-4B59-AB2B-56ECBC907299.jpeg

3AB549CF-1644-4EFB-83AB-AC2A19CDF3E1.jpeg

45668769-5187-4EA3-AB65-FE58A375B650.jpeg

245B969F-E1A9-4278-B79A-AEDF7FF5CC7F.jpeg

414F9253-5471-4723-8743-38C00FB1A56C.jpeg

Nice rig.
Did you tried yet to take off the bumper-end ears and see how it looks?
No, I've see pictures without them on and like the look, but going down the trails I would rather hit a rock or tree with that part of the bumper rather than to hit it with my wheel/tire and mess up a tie rod or some other front end component.

We do pretty hard wheeling in my family so I would rather be safe than sorry as this is my daily.

Okay, looks like you should try to wheel with a stubby bumper. The factory bumper will not protect your tire rod (ask me why I know). Do you know that you can wheel better without them end-ear piece?