New to Jeep and need help with driving issues

JeepsNJays

I bought a 2015 JK little over a week ago. I have since taken it to 4 mechanics and still having issues.

It was driven rough (not death wobble) I took to have the oversized offset fuel wheels balanced, rotated and an alignment. I was told one issues was the wheels had a type of washers someone should have known not to use and they fixed that. Also, they said whoever did the brakes should have known that the wheels couldn’t be put on like that.

I actually drove it from that mechanic just a few miles to another one to get new control arms on to tighten the steering. When I picked it up from getting the control arms I noticed a grinding/vibration when accelerating only at 2500 rpm’s going first to second gear and that was it.

Additionally, when I got home to the farm I wanted to try out the 4x4 a bit and the

I'm having problems figuring out what your question is but i'll give you some advice on maybe what your could be asking.

If your Jeep is all over the road and you have 35's then i'll bet they have to much air in them, do the chalk test and lower the air pressure until the tire sits flat on the road.

Does the Jeep have a lift?

Can really follow about what the Mechanic said about the washers, was he talking about wheel spacers?

Putting new Control arms on shouldn't have done anything to make a noise.

My question is several, basically I’m just lost and already annoyed at the vastness off issues. I took it to a Jeep dealer a paid to have it check before buying and another guy I know whose a Jeep guy and was told it was a good one to get. I need help/advice where to to what to do next

There’s a rough country lift on it, and the tire pressure was reduced upon buying it.

No not spacers, I wasn’t familiar with what they said but I was told that fuel wheels have a different set up them most and they showed me how once you take the wheel off and lay it down where there is a small place for a small flat circular washer the width of a piece of paper and this one was using a square one for some reason.

I am taking it back to the one who did control arms to check the caster

My question is several, basically I’m just lost and already annoyed at the vastness off issues. I took it to a Jeep dealer a paid to have it check before buying and another guy I know whose a Jeep guy and was told it was a good one to get. I need help/advice where to to what to do next

There’s a rough country lift on it, and the tire pressure was reduced upon buying it.

No not spacers, I wasn’t familiar with what they said but I was told that fuel wheels have a different set up them most and they showed me how once you take the wheel off and lay it down where there is a small place for a small flat circular washer the width of a piece of paper and this one was using a square one for some reason.

I am taking it back to the one who did control arms to check the caster

How much of a lift is it? Over 2.5 inches you need to have adjustable control arms and adjustable track bars front and rear so the axles are centered under the Jeep.

what control arms where put on? Sounds like you have bushings going bad. I would check all bushings, Make sure your tires are not over inflated as BLACKJKU said and post up some pics, that will up us see whats going on.
1717520278694.jpeg

This is what was put on. I will get a picture up asap

One was, which was the third total mechanic who said they didn’t know 🤷🏽‍♂️ I think I’m going to make a trip about an hour away to a large city that has a jeep
Specific shop.

Reactions: tJKrider
I can personally say that is not the case. They have a horrible reputation not only in that community but the Jeep community as well. I have never heard a good thing about them since my incident. Before hand I saw great reviews online but now feel that may have been paid for reviews. They ruined my last off road vehicle a when asked them to fix it they basically said to bad and I had to go somewhere else and pay several thousand to get it fixed.

I can personally say that is not the case. They have a horrible reputation not only in that community but the Jeep community as well. I have never heard a good thing about them since my incident. Before hand I saw great reviews online but now feel that may have been paid for reviews. They ruined my last off road vehicle a when asked them to fix it they basically said to bad and I had to go somewhere else and pay several thousand to get it fixed.
Sorry. Maybe they changed owners or something. Friend of mine took his there after he tore up his rear end in Uwharrie and said they did a good job. That was several years ago, so...

Sorry. Maybe they changed owners or something. Friend of mine took his there after he tore up his rear end in Uwharrie and said they did a good job. That was several years ago, so...
No worries thanks for the advice! Just wanted to add my two cents from a personal experience, and have had several friends since my experience say the same thing. One friend took his there, they put on the wrong lift, they wrecked his car while it was there and told him to get an attorney when he asked what they were going to do to make it right. They have really bad name in community. I finally got mine fixed! Hope to stay out of the shop and enjoy now

• Wow
Reactions: zinisk and tJKrider
Also, sorry I’m a female don’t know much about cars or this forum but I need a new cd player with back up camera that’s literally plug and play installation. Has anyone used this and know if it fits and is easy to install?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CFHBB4MS?tag=jkforum-20

I am Wondering if dash has enough room for the monitor when it’s connected to the receiver, and the monitor will not block any air vents.

Also, sorry I’m a female don’t know much about cars or this forum but I need a new cd player with back up camera that’s literally plug and play installation. Has anyone used this and know if it fits and is easy to install?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CFHBB4MS?tag=jkforum-20

I am Wondering if dash has enough room for the monitor when it’s connected to the receiver, and the monitor will not block any air vents.

I always recommend Crutchfield for car audio stuff. Plug in your vehicle info and they’ll only offer up stuff that fits.