New member in West Michigan

Craig T

My Jeep journey started last June when I found a too good to pass up deal on a 2009 Unlimited Rubicon. It barely ran but was in excellent condition otherwise. I am certainly no mechanic but enjoy getting my hands dirty so I was up for the challenge. In the course of 3 to 4 months I replaced almost all of the front suspension, put a new catalytic converters and did about 100 other little things. I now have a Jeep that runs awesome. 2.5” lift. 35s. This is my first Jeep but now I’m in love. And yes I know a lot of folks hate the aftermarket grills but I love how it looks.
369A3FF4-6B38-401F-AE82-10D7857E61B2.jpeg
EFFC1431-143F-46EF-A493-85CBFD9BD27A.jpeg

Welcome, Craig! I'm just north of you, in Rockford.

Have a soft spot for that color. My younger son has my old '08 and my oldest has an '09 that same green. The grill, eh, not my taste but that's why I like Jeeps. Infinitely customizable to the owners tastes!

That color is awesome indeed! Not a fan of the grille myself, but that color is one of my favorite JK colors.

Got anymore plans for it?

I did not think you were allowed to own a Jeep unless you had plans for it, lol. Last year was about getting it squared away mechanically. This year I want to repaint the hardtop that is somewhat scratched up and get a new front bumper. Also although it has very little surface rust underneath, I want to wire brush all that off and recoat the surfaces. In Michigan keeping rust away is paramount to long term survival. So many wranglers up here with frames that are shot.

Reactions: mrjp