New Here (North Louisiana)

B.Lively

Thanks for the add. Here's a couple of pics of my work in progress.

IMG_20171031_144703.jpg

IMG_20180925_164125.jpg

was afraid with it disconnected I'd RIP the feeder off, I've also trimmed the fenders since then. trail and error for most flex, less damage or rubbing.

It's amazing just how much of a difference it makes in terms of articulation by disconnecting the sway bar though, huh?

worlds of difference, had to disassemble mine to clean it and replace the electric motor for it to work again. but all is good now.

Yep, and when that electric motor goes out, apparently it's something like $1200 or so to replace... absolutely nuts. Still, the convenience factor of not having to get out to disconnect is very nice.

Yep, and when that electric motor goes out, apparently it's something like $1200 or so to replace... absolutely nuts. Still, the convenience factor of not having to get out to disconnect is very nice.
you can get a new motor from team tech offroad, the sister company of S-tech for about $200.

you can get a new motor from team tech offroad, the sister company of S-tech for about $200.

No kidding? Wow... I didn't even know that. Definitely going to have to find and bookmark that. Until now I was under the impression they were in excess of $1000.

No kidding? Wow... I didn't even know that. Definitely going to have to find and bookmark that. Until now I was under the impression they were in excess of $1000.
they are everywhere else, I stumbled across it talking to Scott at S-tech while getting my switch systems ordered. when a customer brings a jeep in and gets a different disconnect system installed they remove the old system, test the motors and if they work they keep them, he also mentioned the majority that come in are fairly new, so that's a plus.

Reactions: Chris
they are everywhere else, I stumbled across it talking to Scott at S-tech while getting my switch systems ordered. when a customer brings a jeep in and gets a different disconnect system installed they remove the old system, test the motors and if they work they keep them, he also mentioned the majority that come in are fairly new, so that's a plus.

That's great news. I actually really like the electronic disconnects, so I think buying one of these units for a spare if probably not a bad idea, just incase. Thanks for this info!

Reactions: B.Lively