New Girl in Town

kjordan82

Hey yall! New to Jeeps and this forum but looking forward to learning all I can! I bought a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited 4x4 last week. I've always wanted one but felt required to have the convenient "mom" car. Well when the van was paid off, this beauty presented itself and I jumped at the buy! The man I bought it from didn't do any of the mods to it himself and he didn't seem to know the specs of the lift, etc. I KNOW. I've probably gotten myself in a mess buying a modded Jeep but I'm prepared mentally (and financially) to handle it LOL. Doesn't look like anything has been done motor wise. It already has a lift (any way to tell exactly what kind and size?) LED headlights and light bar, 35" tires, rough country front bumper and a winch. Undercarriage looks good. It honestly looks like it has been modified just for looks. My first upgrade will be a new sound system- the stock one is still present and it just plain sucks lol! Looking forward to spending some time in the forum! Thanks yall!

IMG_6384.jpg

IMG_6385.jpg

IMG_6399.jpg

Welcome to the forum! As a father of three, I own a minivan and a Jeep. It's nice to be able to take a break from the minivan once on a while, as it does feel like the obligatory family vehicle :LOL:

Reactions: mrjp
Welcome to the forum! As a father of three, I own a minivan and a Jeep. It's nice to be able to take a break from the minivan once on a while, as it does feel like the obligatory family vehicle :LOL:

It def has been a nice break to enjoy the Jeep and not be "soccer mommin" it lol. I have three girls- one being a teenage. Theyve been enjoying the Jeep themselves! But def still need that van for those family trips!

It def has been a nice break to enjoy the Jeep and not be "soccer mommin" it lol. I have three girls- one being a teenage. Theyve been enjoying the Jeep themselves! But def still need that van for those family trips!

Yep, I can relate 100%.

My kids also love the Jeep as well (two girls and one boy). I think that when I take the top and doors off and we just cruise around town, it's a real treat for them.

Looks Primo. SC no winter salt? At 37 I could only dream of owning a Jeep. I have a 2010 sport from new, the 3.8L Eng are supposed to be bullet proof, best component on my JK so far. Only thing I would suggest is a K&N air intake filter. Works for me here in the country (pollen, bugs mice). Have fun.

If my wife looked at me with eyes like that, I would hide the keys to our rifle cabinet!

If my wife looked at me with eyes like that, I would hide the keys to our rifle cabinet!
I don't get those things. Is the driver of the Jeep just an angry person in general? Is the Jeep pissed off because it never gets to play in the mud?
We live in a world where divisiveness, anger and unrest have become a way of life. The last thing I need to see is an inanimate object looking like it's mad at the world, too.

I don't get those things. Is the driver of the Jeep just an angry person in general? Is the Jeep pissed off because it never gets to play in the mud?
We live in a world where divisiveness, anger and unrest have become a way of life. The last thing I need to see is an inanimate object looking like it's mad at the world, too.

Alot of the grills are the angry birds, mine is the angry bull it goes with the bulls on the sides of my JK.

I just bought it like this. if I had had it min all original form I wouldn’t have chosen that but since it’s already there it’s staying for now! I’m definitely not an angry person! Lol. Well sometimes dealing with crazies in the ER as a nurse- that will make me angry from time to time haha 🤷🏻‍♀️

Looks Primo. SC no winter salt? At 37 I could only dream of owning a Jeep. I have a 2010 sport from new, the 3.8L Eng are supposed to be bullet proof, best component on my JK so far. Only thing I would suggest is a K&N air intake filter. Works for me here in the country (pollen, bugs mice). Have fun.
Thanks for that info! I will def look into that!

Hi there. New here too, or back here. Your black JKU is looking great. I was set on gobi -- but fell for my black 2-door Hard Rock. First thing for me are forest road maps/permits, and a wheeling guide for southern AZ. I already ordered some tools and a bag, hi-lift jack/mount, plus an air compressor and quick deflator. I haven't been wheeling since 2013 -- and can't wait to crawl my Rubicon.

Cheers 🤠 and Welcome!

Bob