Misfire and fuel rich p0175

Josjk18

Hello fellow jeepers!

I’ve been dealing with these codes for the past month. P0175 P0172 P0300 & P0301. I’ve changed the coils, spark plugs and injectors (mopar brand) and I’m still getting these codes. Also changed the O2 sensor, crank shaft sensor and cleaned out the MAF sensor and STILL getting these codes. I took my jk to my buddy’s shop and came to this diagnosis

If you had a vacuum leak it would be running lean. The timing is off The jeep is 8deg off on one bank. Causing the jeep to go nuts. That is why it is crank cam out of sync. Using the wrong oil can cause this. Just not sure what other parts are hurt. To fix it and install your old injectors if you have them still.

He’s recommending I just swap out the engine. I’m coming to you guys for help and input in this matter. I don’t have $9k to swap out an engine perhaps I can rebuild? Idk what else to do any advise is appreciated

Did you look up any of these Codes?

p0172 says contaminated engine oil, when was the last oil change?

p0300 says it could be a vacuum leak

After you replaced the parts did you do a ECM reset? Sometimes it needs to be done so that the codes will clear and the ECM will do a relearn.

Reactions: vaffanculo
Hey man sorry about your issue ..so running rich is a sign of a m.a.f. sensor, oxygen sensor , which I seen you did but your jeep has 4 oxygen sensors if you only changed one that will still throw the code ..before you spend that money on them I would check your I.A.C. (idle air control sensor) usually located near the throttle body if it's dirty it will not seat properly and throw codes your experiencing or just replace it only about 25 bucks. Good luck let us know