Massive vibration at highway speeds

completely stock, 140K miles, 2009 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr.

At 140,000 miles on it you probably have some worn out front suspension parts. If your mechaically inclined we can tell you how to check your front suspension to see what's bad. Or you can take it to a alignment shop and tell them there is a problem with the front and you need a estimate on what needs repaired. Also tell them a written estimate showing everything and the prices for each.

At 140,000 miles on it you probably have some worn out front suspension parts. If your mechaically inclined we can tell you how to check your front suspension to see what's bad. Or you can take it to a alignment shop and tell them there is a problem with the front and you need a estimate on what needs repaired. Also tell them a written estimate showing everything and the prices for each.

I can appreciate that -- but why would it be intermittent and stop when I pull over, turn the key off, and then restart and get going again with no further issues. This happened 2 months ago with my daughters jeep. Nothing since, until today as she's coming back from school. Had her pull over, power cycle, and so far 60 miles with no further issues.

I can appreciate that -- but why would it be intermittent and stop when I pull over, turn the key off, and then restart and get going again?

Have you tried pulling over and stopping without turning off the key? Hard to think of something that would be engine related doing it.

Have you tried pulling over and stopping without turning off the key? Hard to think of something that would be engine related doing it.
Understood.

Unfortunately it’s my daughters jeep.

Happened once in early October. It went away after a bit and didn’t come back.

Now of course it happened today driving back for the holidays from school.

Hasn’t happened again since she drove another 100 miles and is 1/2 way home.

Fingers crossed,

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Understood.

Unfortunately it’s my daughters jeep.

Happened once in early October. It went away after a bit and didn’t come back.

Now of course it happened today driving back for the holidays from school.

Hasn’t happened again since she drove another 100 miles and is 1/2 way home.

Fingers crossed,

Does it look like this?