Lug nut replacements

Acxman

JK Enthusiast
I need to replace my lug nuts on my 2008 jk. I see where some of the replacement nuts are called “spline” nuts. And, it appears that they come with a special socket to install or remove them? Anyone have any info regarding these type lug nuts. Good? Bad? Or do any of you recommend a certain brand ?

Thanks
Tom

I need to replace my lug nuts on my 2008 jk. I see where some of the replacement nuts are called “spline” nuts. And, it appears that they come with a special socket to install or remove them? Anyone have any info regarding these type lug nuts. Good? Bad? Or do any of you recommend a certain brand ?

Thanks
Tom

Those are usually referred to anti theft lug nuts, they are ok as long as you don't loose your socket. If you would buy them and they don't come with 2 sockets i'd but a extra one and keep one in the Jeep and one at home. Also you'll need a 1/2" breaker bar and probably a short extension to carry in the Jeep because your Jeeps lug wrench won't work.

Guess I live in a different zone. Who or whom would try to thieve JK wheels? Big, heavy (need a pickup to hall them away) they are not Cats?

Those are usually referred to anti theft lug nuts, they are ok as long as you don't loose your socket. If you would buy them and they don't come with 2 sockets i'd but a extra one and keep one in the Jeep and one at home. Also you'll need a 1/2" breaker bar and probably a short extension to carry in the Jeep because your Jeeps lug wrench won't work.
I think the problem with "anti theft lug nuts" is that you really have to have the key-socket with you. And since I don't think many people want to put it in their pocket, it's always either in the center console or the glove box. Which kind of makes them useless for preventing theft.
Not to mention how easy it is to remove them without the key, especially if you don't mind a little damage to the lug nuts.

Guess I live in a different zone. Who or whom would try to thieve JK wheels? Big, heavy (need a pickup to hall them away) they are not Cats?

If they would have aftermarket wheels and 35 or 37" tires they could be something someone might want to steal.

Reactions: JeepJeezy
I’m just looking for a good quality set that doesn’t rust in 6 months. I’m not looking for anti theft or anything that needs a special tool. Just good one piece hard chrome lugs. Most reviews I read, people complain that they start rusting right away ?

Reactions: mrjp