Looking for spring suggestions

Jrk1022

Hello, new to my jk, my wife's daily driver. Its a rough ride, has 2" spacers on springs, just upgraded the factory shocks to the fox 2.0 up to 3.5" lift. It helped the ride some, so looking for some 3.5 springs to help ride and give a higher stance. Any suggestions on springs, what type, brand, etc. Saw some iron rock ones on fb, 3.5, any idea if this will improve ride quality, I know it's a jeep, just trying to make it more comfortable for the wife

Just my opinion but the lifted springs won't give you a better ride then the set up you have now. My JK had a lift on it when I bought it and I put stock springs back on and it rides much better.

What pressure you running in your tires, try lowering it to give a better ride.

Reactions: mrjp
What tires are you running? If you have MTs like me, there's only so much you can do with a very stiff sidewall tire. I'm fortunate the PO paid for them and they've had a nice life, but they're almost done and I'll be replacing with an AT tire.
It's even worse when the temps drop and the tires are cold, I feel like I'm driving an old CJ kidney-killer.

I have rancho 2” lift springs and fox 2.0 shocks just installed and i have a nice ride now. Of course this is judging from previousy owned 1995 yj so this is lile a luxury car to me. And also i have yokohama geolander MT tires and they are a pretty good and quiet ride for mud tires.

Just my opinion but the lifted springs won't give you a better ride then the set up you have now. My JK had a lift on it when I bought it and I put stock springs back on and it rides much better.

What pressure you running in your tires, try lowering it to give a better ride.
Ok, will try that, I am running 35psi. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
What tires are you running? If you have MTs like me, there's only so much you can do with a very stiff sidewall tire. I'm fortunate the PO paid for them and they've had a nice life, but they're almost done and I'll be replacing with an AT tire.
It's even worse when the temps drop and the tires are cold, I feel like I'm driving an old CJ kidney-killer.
Mackey Thompson atz, and yea, she sausbi bought her a horse and buggy. Thanks for the feedback

I would think you'll need to reset your TPMS as the lower tire pressure will likely light up your dash with the yellow icons nobody wants to see.

There are more savvy and knowledgeable characters on this board who know more about this than I....

Yeah that’s a good point on reprogramming your TPMS I did have to do that

Get yourself an OBDII bluetooth device from Amazon, then download the JScan app. You can easily set your TPMS or just turn it off.

Springs aren't going to noticeably improve your ride quality.

Ride quality is going to boil down to a few major things which are:
  1. Tire pressure (ideally you'll be around 26 psi)
  2. Tire load rating (a C load rated tire is preferable, as the sidewalls on an E are very, very stiff and meant for a heavy truck)
  3. Shocks
While springs can affect ride quality to some degree, that isn't the case with the springs they make for our JKs. I'm referring to the variety of spring rates you can get when you get into the world of racing and performance vehicles. With Jeeps there isn't nearly as much variety.

Another huge factor in ride quality is knowing your shocks up-travel and down-travel bias and setting your bump stops accordingly. If this is not done, you could be riding on the bump stop a lot of the time which will be contributing to a poor ride. You could also be bottoming out your shocks which is going to make for a jarring (and potentially damaging) ride.