Looking at buying at JK

Curt

Hi everyone,
I'm in the market looking for a jeep. saw this one and was looking for advice.
its a 2014 with 69,000 miles auto. with hardtop. for $20,998
the think I'm not sure of is - it was in a accident 6-30-2014 and after the accident they did reprogramming to computer? (see picture)
is this a bad sign or normal?
Thanks
Curt

7-23-20.jpg

jeep 7-23-20.jpg

Priced with standard equipment and in good condition, the Jeep you're looking at is priced anywhere from $2-4k over Kelley Blue Book.
KBB says trade-in value is $15-17k, private p[arty sale is $16-18k.

Your post says the accident was reported on Jan 2, 2015, and all the work was done 6 weeks prior to that. Regardless, if they had to replace any parts of the engine, airbags, electrical, etc. they have to reset/reprogram everything.

Anybodyhome - That's my question if they had to reset all the computers than the accident is bigger than what is reported?
I'm not a mechanic, so I don't know if that is normal or not.
Thanks
Curt

Without knowing what the accident was or what the repairs entailed, we're all just guessing. But, as far as I understand, anytime a part connected to the module is replaced, removed and replaced, repaired or reset, the module needs to be reset.

It's hard to say, but if you're genuinely interested in the vehicle, you need to have a PPI (Pre-Purchase Inspection) done by a reputable mechanic, and also take it to a body shop for a PPI from them as well.

They can tell you in detail what's been fixed, if it was fixed correctly, etc.

Given the asking price though, I'd skip it altogether. You can find a million JKs with NO history of accidents and similar miles for the same price, guaranteed.

Thanks guys
Around my area can’t find one at that price with new tires and hard top. But will keep looking thanks again
Would a 2017 with same options, miles and price be a better deal?

Take KBB, NADA, Edmunds, etc. values with a grain of salt. There are some vehicles in high demand that seem to surpass "book" values. A few that come to mind are the miata, S4, Speed3, and of course the wrangler.

Regarding the computer programming, I wouldnt be worried. That appears to be well in advance of the accident, and it's common for dealerships to flash updates with everything computer controlled these days.