Long time no see

IndominusHuman

JK Enthusiast
Hey everyone,

I haven’t been on the forum as of late and man, do I miss it.
Work and then this COVID junk (hope everyone is staying safe and healthy) has sure gotten things all messed up.

I will say, since everything is closed down I have been spending a lot more time in the woods (Thankfully the National Forests are still open in our area).
I also decided to break out the real camera today so there will be some better shots mixed in (I might have to start taking the real camera on all my trips).
The past three or four weekends I’ve ventured down into the Ouachita National Forest. I always avoided it because I hate pine trees, but man, is it pretty.
Also attached a pic of the pup from one of the weekends down there. He loves it.

I was able to take the top and doors off one day not too long ago, makes me ready for summer!

85C86DC9-8F39-405B-AA02-64ED5B953AC5.jpeg

0FB5F24D-95FB-40F6-ABC3-59C65888B422.jpeg

3301C901-A0A5-4F0F-9977-CC7C56E1B337.jpeg

264608C9-3BF7-419D-A8CA-32435C3F1DEA.jpeg

5237D802-E628-4D9C-A49D-AE3EA26DA20C.jpeg

AE4179BC-C8AB-4C71-9B00-F826CD7B0B32.jpeg

04BB8D5A-9D46-4687-9F40-E6302D18E1B3.jpeg

DB9609DC-2850-4845-8AFC-433F3E780F0B.jpeg

29240A34-4FCB-4E21-9262-AFF2B57515AB.jpeg

817266AF-A9D0-4B9E-9FB2-143C9FFDA7B0.jpeg

3469AE56-3F26-4034-A88D-D87FD6AC8770.jpeg

CA9AB505-D344-450E-8BD0-1FF6441E4B8E.jpeg

DD59EA78-0056-4B3A-8039-B17C16ECD1CD.jpeg

Reactions: Boosthead and Chris
As usually awesome photos (clearly you're a good photographer).

This is a better time than ever to get out and enjoy the outdoors. While our kids prohibit some of the bigger adventures I would otherwise be on right now, we have been getting outside quite a bit.

I believe that most of the trails are still open here too, with the exception of the more popular OHVs.

Either way, I'm envious. Our kids are still too little they just wouldn't enjoy things like that, but one day when they are a little older I'll get them out. And if they don't want to go out with me, I'll take the Jeep by myself :LOL:

As usually awesome photos (clearly you're a good photographer).

This is a better time than ever to get out and enjoy the outdoors. While our kids prohibit some of the bigger adventures I would otherwise be on right now, we have been getting outside quite a bit.

I believe that most of the trails are still open here too, with the exception of the more popular OHVs.

Either way, I'm envious. Our kids are still too little they just wouldn't enjoy things like that, but one day when they are a little older I'll get them out. And if they don't want to go out with me, I'll take the Jeep by myself :LOL:

A lot of hiking trails have been closed here due to the huge influx of people. On one of the more mainstream trails in my area 600 people were seen on it in one afternoon. The most I’ve ever seen on that trail at one point is 50 during normal conditions.
They actually shut the whole buffalo river down to anyone who isn’t a resident sadly because of the out of towners.
Another perk right now is gas is super cheap down here in Arkansas. In my hometown it is 99 cents a gallon. Cheapest it’s ever been since I came onto this earth. 😂

I know you were about to start the moving process, has this virus stuff delayed you any? Hope all is well and you guys stay healthy.

A lot of hiking trails have been closed here due to the huge influx of people. On one of the more mainstream trails in my area 600 people were seen on it in one afternoon. The most I’ve ever seen on that trail at one point is 50 during normal conditions.
They actually shut the whole buffalo river down to anyone who isn’t a resident sadly because of the out of towners.
Another perk right now is gas is super cheap down here in Arkansas. In my hometown it is 99 cents a gallon. Cheapest it’s ever been since I came onto this earth. 😂

I know you were about to start the moving process, has this virus stuff delayed you any? Hope all is well and you guys stay healthy.

Holy cow! Gas here is still $2.18 a gallon, but that's really cheap for up here. I think it's because we're further from the refineries, thus it's more expensive. I've heard it's cheapest in Oklahoma.

I know what you mean about the trails. They shut down 7 miles of highway by the Columbia River Gorge here in Oregon (a super popular hiking area) because this last weekend people flooded it as the temps were in the 70s and sunny.

Of course I think it's stupid as hell, but whatever I guess. Last I heard people have still been finding ways around it and hiking, vandalizing the "closed" signs, and ignoring the shut down.

It's like I told my wife, "They can shut down whatever they want, but as the weather gets nicer, people are going to go outside in mass, and no one is going to be able to stop that.".

Reactions: IndominusHuman