Lockers wont engage.

avionicstech40

2010 rubicon 2 door....Recently I've been having problems with my e-lockers failing to engage in 4low. 4wd light on dash board doesn't indicate vehicle is in 4wd even though mechanically it is. Only indicates 4wd when transfercase is in neutral. No amount of driving will get lockers to engage and I assume it's because the computer doesn't recognize the jeep is in 4low electronically. I replaced the transfer case switch and it didn't help even though the old switch was bad and throwing a code. Diff fluid has been changed recently, so has transfer case fluid. This doesn't feel like a shimming issue and more like an electrical one. Wiring looks intact as well. Any help would be appreciated

If it is not showing 4wd I would think a indicator switch is the issue

is it adjusted correctly? Can you manually trigger the switch to check it and see if 4wd light comes on?

You could also have a bad ground somewhere, have you tested the wires at the locker?

So, I can engage and disengage the lockers with my jscan app while the lights just blink. The jscan app also says the transfer case shifter is in 4hi when it's actually in neutral, so something is off.

So, I can engage and disengage the lockers with my jscan app while the lights just blink. The jscan app also says the transfer case shifter is in 4hi when it's actually in neutral, so something is off.

Put it 4 high and see what it reads, could be that neutral isn't a light function so it's keeping the last selection.

Reactions: avionicstech40
F
Put it 4 high and see what it reads, could be that neutral isn't a light function so it's keeping the last selection.
With the jeep off, lockers engage with oem switch, transfercase positions are read correctly on the app, as soon as I turn the jeep on, the lights start flashing and the position is off on the app. 4hi while jeep is on registers as 2hi. So it's one off. How the hell does that happen?

There is a switch on the T-case it must be out of adjustment I read somewhere that it has be adjusted when it's been replaced. I think? I'm trying to find where I read that.

By any chance are your shifter cable ends loose and it's not letting the shifter put it into gear correctly? There are plastic bushings on both ends of the linkage cable.

Yeach the bushings are fairly new, I had to replace them about a year ago. I figured this switch had to be adjusted.
There is a switch on the T-case it must be out of adjustment I read somewhere that it has be adjusted when it's been replaced. I think? I'm trying to find where I read that.

By any chance are your shifter cable ends loose and it's not letting the shifter put it into gear correctly? There are plastic bushings on both ends of the linkage cable.

Reactions: mrjp