Lift Identification

Link1989

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have had my JK for about a month now and I was trying to figure out the lift height and possibly the brand of the lift. I found a diagram online of a stock JK suspension and did some measuring and I show it to be a 4.5" lift. Is this diagram accurate? Can you measure lift height like this? I took some pictures as well (not sure if they help or not) because I was curious if anyone knew what brand of lift this is. I do not see any part numbers, stickers, or identifiers of any kind. Any information would be much appreciated. I'm still learning and just wanted to know what I was working with.

Screenshot_20201220-200106.jpg

IMG_20201119_101638_01.jpg

IMG_20201117_093024.jpg

IMG_20201119_095259900.jpg

IMG_20201117_093030.jpg

IMG_20201117_093027.jpg

It would be nice if people would keep there info on things they bought for the Jeeps and then passed the stuff along with the Jeep when sold. I had the same question with things on my Jeep.

Reactions: Chris and mrjp
It would be nice if people would keep there info on things they bought for the Jeeps and then passed the stuff along with the Jeep when sold. I had the same question with things on my Jeep.
Yeah I agree. We bought our rig from a dealer out of state and they had no knowledge whatsoever what was done to it. They had it listed as bone stock on their website but when we saw the pics we new it wasnt. If I had bought it directly from the previous owner I would have grilled him on what he did to it for sure lol.

Yeah I agree. We bought our rig from a dealer out of state and they had no knowledge whatsoever what was done to it. They had it listed as bone stock on their website but when we saw the pics we new it wasnt. If I had bought it directly from the previous owner I would have grilled him on what he did to it for sure lol.
This over and over.
Not only are you having to figure out everything that was done, you have to get very dirty making sure it was done correctly. How many threads have we seen where the new tire size was not programmed and the gas mileage is wonky? How many used Jeep threads have we seen where the new owner doesn't know what the gearing is?
That stuff may be okay when you're buying a used Toyota Avalon, but the Jeep world is just a little different.

Reactions: Link1989 and mrjp
Very true. I'm know it was never reprogrammed for 35" tires, my gas mileage is terrible right now and using a GPS app I found that I am actually going 5mph faster than the speedo says I am. I saw another thread that mentioned the Bluetooth programmer and the J-Scan app and I will definitely be purchasing that. We jacked up the jeep a few weekends ago and spun the tires to see what the gearing was and we are pretty sure it has 4.10 gears in it now because we got 4 rotations on the drive shaft per tire rotation. I was wanting to change the differential fluid anyways because I don't know when it was changed last so it gives me another reason to pop the cover off and look to be sure what the gearing is.

Very true. I'm know it was never reprogrammed for 35" tires, my gas mileage is terrible right now and using a GPS app I found that I am actually going 5mph faster than the speedo says I am. I saw another thread that mentioned the Bluetooth programmer and the J-Scan app and I will definitely be purchasing that. We jacked up the jeep a few weekends ago and spun the tires to see what the gearing was and we are pretty sure it has 4.10 gears in it now because we got 4 rotations on the drive shaft per tire rotation. I was wanting to change the differential fluid anyways because I don't know when it was changed last so it gives me another reason to pop the cover off and look to be sure what the gearing is.
What does the tag on the differential say the gearing is? Should be on the bolt at or near the 9 o'clock position.
1608565122238.png

If there is a tag and it confirms the 4.11, you should be okay. But, if someone changed the gearing when the lift and tires were done, you might want to check the front diff as well.

Reactions: mrjp
When buying a used Jeep you never know how the PO took care of it, i've seen pictures of diff oil that was full of water and mud. If you drive through water it should be changed quite often, how many do that?

Reactions: Link1989 and mrjp