Kanati tires

Anyone have experience with Kanati mud hog or trailhog tires
I don't personally have experience with these, but I remember reading an article awhile back from MotorTrend doing a review on the mud hogs. They gave them good reviews. The mud hogs were on my list of tires when I was looking.

Reactions: Blackjeep12
I just put them on last week. I got the 37x12.5x17 from Walmart. They cost $248 a tire.

Now I've been researching different tires for a while for my Jeep, about a year. I was set on the Geolander XMT till their prices almost doubled. Then I was leaning heavily on the Kenda MT2. They advertised that they would be a more affordable option, but when they released it. They were priced well over $400. I had 18in wheels , but wanted to which to 17s due to more and better options. So I had to buy wheels and tires.

There isn't crap on social media about the Kanati Mud Hogs. Not one real review on Facebook, Instagram or even Youtube. Not one. So I was left with what was on Forums and online shops reviews. On the forums I only found really 1 person who really didn't like them. He was running them on an older Dually, which is heavy and these tires were never meant for that. He said they wore quick. So I didn't take that review seriously. Messaged a few guys I saw running them on Instagram, but most of them mainly only used them for off-road use only. None of them had anything bad to say about them thou...

So I pulled the trigger and bought them. One big reason was the price. Second big reason was the tread and side wall designs. My very first real MT Tire I bought for my 2nd Jeep back in the early 2000s. Was the Goodyear MTR. Kanati basically stole the 2nd Gen MTR Tread and the 3rd Gen MTRs side walls. (1st Gen MTR was Milltary) Add that to very few bad reviews.

I only have about a week of driving on them. They took very little weight to balance. They roll great and are pretty quite. They will get louder as they wear. Every tire does.

Not sure what tire size your looking for. Depending on where you measure from. There is a Thread on wayalife that has many pages of different tires all measure the same way. These measured 35-1/8 maybe 35-1/4 at 30lbs. If measured from the very top of the heathiest point. They are 36in. I wished I would have gotten the 39s in away, but with D44s that's pushing it. Thou if they measured 38in or shorter. I would have been fine. Greenballs website says the 37 is 36.8in tall. Which is over an inch difference. I'll measure my Spare with no weight on it and see what it is.

But overall still happy with them for on-road so far. I haven't even gotten to drive them in the rain yet. As for off-road I think they will be good. I haven't seen or heard of anyone tearing a sidewall or lacking traction.

I know a lot of words and not much help on the actual tires. As for Trail Hogs I would never run a tire that's not an MT on a Jeep here. But your in Utah so you may not need a MT tire.

20240309_184034.jpg

20240311_185229-01.jpeg

20240311_185314-01.jpeg

20240311_185329-01.jpeg

20240314_114151.jpg

Reactions: JeepJeezy