JKU 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock over heating

moisp

Hello everyone,

I have a JKU rubicon 2015 and started over heating like a year ago. At first I thought it had something to do with the motor since the jeep shop told me one of my cilinders had compression leak. I have already fixed this but still over heating. I have a Mishimoto aluminum radiator, Mishimoto race thermostat and Mishimoto cooler filter. I have 37's on it.

Maybe this has been already discussed, appreciate any comment.

How did you fix the cylinder compression issue?

As much as I hate to say it, the Mishimoto stuff is complete garbage and then some. I know that some will say otherwise, but they pump out some really grade A shit unfortunately.

Check the radiator for leaks. Those Mishimoto aluminum radiators are very, very well known to spring leaks along the weld seams.

I'd also suspect that thermostat as well, as it's another piece of junk from an overall shitty company.

Reactions: Jeepaholic
Thanks Chris! The cylinder compression issue was solved by the jeep agency by replacing the 6th cilinder piston. Over heating started even before installing all of the above parts.

The first things I would check are the most obvious things. When the vehicle has been sitting and is cool, check the radiator fluid level and make sure it's too the top. Mine was a gallon low, and it was overheating unless I was moving, because there wasn't enough fluid in it. I also wonder if the thermostat could be stuck. I've heard that's happened on more than a few Mishimoto thermostats.

the fail safe thermostats are usually problem children. also do you have lots of lights winch and etc blocking the grill? maybe even those screens behind the grill they can block enough air to cause over heating.

Reactions: Chris