JK Steering Box Pressure Port Thread Pitch

jcarlson462

Hey there. Does anyone know what the thread pitch is in the pressure port on the steering box? I cross-threaded mine a bit and cant get the pressure hose fitting started in it. I had to pull off the steering box. It isn't in too bad a shape, so I want to try and tap the first couple of threads so I can get the hose back in. Is it M18 x 1.50?

2016 JK Wrangler 3.6L

Found this on another forum for a Delphi steering box:

"Thanks for the link but I found out on my own through trial and error. Haha. Called psc and they gave me the info backward. FYI, the high pressure side is 18x1.5 and the return side is 16x1.5. Hope that helps the next person that needs this info.
I'm running a derale single pass and wanted an fittings so a 45 degree works perfect at the box, a 90 at the cooler inlet and a 90 at the outlet. Summit stainless steel line works like a charm and also works with the stock reservoir push style nipple."

Found this on another forum for a Delphi steering box:

"Thanks for the link but I found out on my own through trial and error. Haha. Called psc and they gave me the info backward. FYI, the high pressure side is 18x1.5 and the return side is 16x1.5. Hope that helps the next person that needs this info.
I'm running a derale single pass and wanted an fittings so a 45 degree works perfect at the box, a 90 at the cooler inlet and a 90 at the outlet. Summit stainless steel line works like a charm and also works with the stock reservoir push style nipple."
Thank you, sir. This looks like the thread I found originally, but then I couldn't find it again, so thanks for sending it. I'll give the M18 a try.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
I just wanted to circle back to this and confirm for everyone that the pressure side is a M18 x 1.50 thread pitch on the JK steering box. I was able to tap my cross-threaded port without a problem, and get the pressure hose reinstalled.