Jeep Wrangler transmission code P0471

crich

I have a 2013 Jeep wrangler and I keep getting a transmission code P0471 which states that there is an issue with the torque converter solenoid. The transmission shifts fine and I don't have any issues with it. If anything it sometimes feels as if the torque converter doesn't unlock soon enough. Most of the shops want to replace the transmission, has anyone else had this experience?

Don't replace the transmission for just a solenoid, find a shop that will just replace the solenoid. Has the Jeep been running hotter then normal coolant temperature?

Reactions: mrjp
Don't replace the transmission for just a solenoid, find a shop that will just replace the solenoid. Has the Jeep been running hotter then normal coolant temperature?
My 2015 jku had the same code and the coolant is definitely running hotter. Trans temp is fine 180 and below. What could be causing this? Thanks.

My 2015 jku had the same code and the coolant is definitely running hotter. Trans temp is fine 180 and below. What could be causing this? Thanks.

I've heard the TCC can have problems releasing when it's supposed to and cause the engine to run hot.

Also on your year of a Jeep the fan has a chip in it and when it goes bad the fan doesn't run on high speed to cool the engine. Read Post NO 49 in this link.

My fluid is pretty dirty. Bought it a month ago. Any ideas on where to start with the transmission code? I’ll look into the fan but not sure how that could play a roll int the transmission. Not real savvy on the 3.6. Thanks for getting back to me.

My fluid is pretty dirty. Bought it a month ago. Any ideas on where to start with the transmission code? I’ll look into the fan but not sure how that could play a roll int the transmission. Not real savvy on the 3.6. Thanks for getting back to me.

That code says Exhaust Pressure Sensor Signal, so that wouldn't have anything to do with the trans either.