Jeep stolen and left sideways over night

jaw16

So yes my jeep was stolen and it was found hanging on a steel cable on a electrical pole sideways and all the oil leaked out. it has been almost two months and icbc is still doing nothing, body damage wise there isnt much which is suprising. But suspension and engine wise what should i look for if i try to just fix it myself

39f55e4f-0b6a-4130-a556-26d6cc1a4ccb.jpg

What the hell!? Wow... wish I could have seen how this happened.

Truthfully I'm not sure you need to do anything. Inspect it, look for damage, and replace things as needed. Change the fluids of course, as many of them have probably leaked out, but that's about it.

The engine should be fine as long as it wasn't sitting sideways running for hours.

I don't think it could though. I'm pretty sure they have sensors built in where if the vehicle is tilted on it's side or upside down, the engine won't run.

Reactions: Tj Starting
What the hell!? Wow... wish I could have seen how this happened.

Truthfully I'm not sure you need to do anything. Inspect it, look for damage, and replace things as needed. Change the fluids of course, as many of them have probably leaked out, but that's about it.

The engine should be fine as long as it wasn't sitting sideways running for hours.

I don't think it could though. I'm pretty sure they have sensors built in where if the vehicle is tilted on it's side or upside down, the engine won't run.
Its going in this week, hopefully there isnt too much damage, took the wheels off and they dont even have a scratch (they were 2 weeks old) so i guess thats a positive

Reactions: Chris
This is deliberately planned bec. there is no skid marks.
I suspect you probably ramped your 4 banger into someone's a**.

Last edited:
So yes my jeep was stolen and it was found hanging on a steel cable on a electrical pole sideways and all the oil leaked out. it has been almost two months and icbc is still doing nothing, body damage wise there isnt much which is suprising. But suspension and engine wise what should i look for if i try to just fix it myself

View attachment 113628
The JKS are made out of metal that is similar to a tuna can. So the rear passenger corner and hard top sustained no damage from this?

not a JK, but my older Yj..... i fell into a ditch.... i called some friends and they winched me out... the only damage was a scratch in the hood...

1581382871545.png

1581382929008.png

• Wow