Jeep rolled into creek

Kato

Hey guys.

My partner forgot to put the handbrake on my jeep when she got out and it rolled down the hill into the creek.

The car was off.

The water went over the engine. I had it towed out and have not started or tried to start it yet.

Has she killed my jeep ? I'll prob tow it to a mechanic but seeing what ppl say.

The way you ask this question - do not start (!) it might bleed this $$$$$
Live it alone for the mechanic to look at it.

If that was my rig, I will open inspect the CAI system (filter through the pipe, to the CAI manifold).
I will use a clean dry napkin test & check if no water went in there, and if is bone dry - I will start the engine with no hesitation.

JK OEM intake is higher than the top of engine. and there is a chance that water did not get in there even the water went up above the wheel well.

Last edited:
Drain the oil first and check the air intake. Let it completely dry out, test the battery (or replace it), and then I would attempt to start it after a few days of drying. Make sure to check the intake manifold for water and change the engine oil.

I inspected my engine when I changed the spark plugs and the oil chamber is well sealed from atmospheric pressure. The CAI is the only way to get into the blocks.

Lighten up! You have two choices:
1. Get rid of the partner and keep the jeep
2. Get rid of the partner and fix the jeep.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
So 10 days later, whats the verdict?
This is one I'd take to the dealership.
The risk of doing it wrong is kinda high.
File an insurance claim and be happy.