Jeep dies while sitting, starts back up in park or neutral

Rubi

Hi everybody, I’m having a dying issue and having a hard time pin pointing it out. You all seem so know so much I thought i would throw it out there atcha and see what you think.
So when I’m driving around I’ll get to a stop light or sign and I’ll be sitting there and it dies, just dies no warning, no puttering, no nothin, just dies. So this is where it gets weird, when I put it in park or neutral it starts right back up. But It takes like 5-7 seconds to engage. That’s forwards and reverse. I have taken it to the dealership and I’m supposed to go back today to test drive it again with them. Because of course it won’t do it on them. Personally I’m not sure even if it did they would know what it is. I’m getting tired of being honked at from these impatient a-holes and could really use some help. Thanks

Quick question (and an a obvious one), is it throwing any check engine lights or anything? If so, have you scanned it for codes, and what codes is it throwing?

Also, check the wiring to the throttle position sensor, as well as the throttle position sensor itself.

Reactions: Rubi
Yep, CPS is also what I am hearing as well. Be very, very certain to use an OE Mopar replacement!