Jeep Badges

BlueStag

How seriously do people take the Jeep trail badges? I’ve only had my Jeep for a little over a month and just found out about the badges a few weeks ago, and subsequently completed a couple this past weekend.

Being a noob, I had some heart pounding moments and took one line I shouldn’t have, ended up punching a hole in the skid plate, slid and nearly tipped into a tree. I found the brake lockers are working on my used Sahara though lol. Wouldn’t have made it without them probably.

I think it’s fun, and it’s nice they are free for something I want to do anyway (go Jeeping). I have yet to see any Jeep proudly displaying them, at least since I’ve been paying attention anyway haha.

What do you all think about these things? Anyone collecting them?

I personally could care less, I think it's gimmicky. However, it's a great marketing idea, and a lot of people take it very, very seriously.

To each their own of course. I just think it's dumb personally.

I personally could care less, I think it's gimmicky. However, it's a great marketing idea, and a lot of people take it very, very seriously.

To each their own of course. I just think it's dumb personally.
I figured a lot of people would feel that way, and I shared the same thought about it being a great marketing tool...and yet with some trails being so close I couldn’t help myself lol.

Now, I’m not someone who is willing to travel all over the country to do a thing like this, but it was fun to test the Jeep (and myself). It was a good time, and I have some souvenirs to boot :)

Reactions: Chris
I dont put any real weight to them and its just kinda a "eh, okay" thing to me.

I have done all of mine in my state, but just because. I dont stick them on my Jeep (they are in my desk drawer). I dont put any real weight into them because the trails that have the badges are the hardest trails so whats the point of the badge?

I figured a lot of people would feel that way, and I shared the same thought about it being a great marketing tool...and yet with some trails being so close I couldn’t help myself lol.

Now, I’m not someone who is willing to travel all over the country to do a thing like this, but it was fun to test the Jeep (and myself). It was a good time, and I have some souvenirs to boot :)

My thought is that if it gets people out of the house, it's a good thing. And if they get a badge, that's fine by me (y)

Reactions: Shamrock61
I'm a collector of stuff like this, for some reason. When I was a kid growing up in SoCal, I collected small ceramic bears made with a fuzzy texture from all the national parks. When I was doing triathlons from '80-'92, I keep all my numbers and write my times on them- still have those in a box somewhere. Now I have a couple shelves in the garage with nothing but Jeep parts and "stuff."

I don't think I'll put them on my Jeep, but hitting trails and having something to show for it would be something I see as a positive. As was stated above, if it gets people out to the trails, it's a positive in my view...and since the badge costs nothing, the only gimmick I see is getting people off road.