JBA headers and heat

iolisx

I recently installed a set of ceramic coated JBA headers on my 2008 JKU and i am VERY concerned about the heat. I was going to wrap them but it seems JBA says they will not warrnty them if I do. Anyone here have any experience with these headers? SHould i wrap them?

Absolutely DO NOT wrap headers. That stuff works short term, but in the long term it will rot your headers.

Something is wrong or those headers are not truly ceramic coated. Did you have them coated or did they come coated? If they came coated, the people who sold them to you lied.

I've had headers I bought and then had them ceramic coated after buying them. True ceramic coat will make them literally cool to the touch even after driving around in the hot heat all day.

It sounds to me like you bought headers that weren't actually ceramic coated.

Absolutely DO NOT wrap headers. That stuff works short term, but in the long term it will rot your headers.

Something is wrong or those headers are not truly ceramic coated. Did you have them coated or did they come coated? If they came coated, the people who sold them to you lied.

I've had headers I bought and then had them ceramic coated after buying them. True ceramic coat will make them literally cool to the touch even after driving around in the hot heat all day.

It sounds to me like you bought headers that weren't actually ceramic coated.
The headers are factory coated by JBA are in no way cool to the touch.

I have BBK long tube headers on my Jk and never had a heat issue. My Jk had some shorty headers that were wrapped with heat wrap and they rusted away. The only thing I did was to get heat sleeves for the plug wires to keep them cool.

The headers are factory coated by JBA are in no way cool to the touch.

That isn't real ceramic coat then, I'm sorry to say.

True ceramic coating is indeed cool to the touch. I've had it done more times than I can count, and it's a game changer.

Best thing to do is find a place in your area that does them and they should be able to give you a price.

I just added ceramic coated Gibson shorty headers on my new build. I'm going to have to see if they are indeed cooler to the touch. They also sent me a couple plates to protect components on each side; I also added titanium sleeves for the plug boots on each side. Hoping they are truly ceramic; as they're new, if they don't seem to be ceramic it will be time to contact Gibson to see what's up. Thanks for the heads up Chris.

I just added ceramic coated Gibson shorty headers on my new build. I'm going to have to see if they are indeed cooler to the touch. They also sent me a couple plates to protect components on each side; I also added titanium sleeves for the plug boots on each side. Hoping they are truly ceramic; as they're new, if they don't seem to be ceramic it will be time to contact Gibson to see what's up. Thanks for the heads up Chris.
Let us know what you find.