J-Scan ECU Config Parameters

f22beaver

This might be a very niche question, but wanted to shoot my shot. In JScan there's 2 parameters under engine module configuration that's titled;

ECT Temperature Rationality Disabled
ECT Temperature Rationality Status

If I change the disabled status from false to true, will that tell the ECU to ignore the rationality test?

Backstory now. I had to replace the ECT because it cracked. I did the t-stat because it was easy and I was already there. My bleeding was good, and my live data shows a properly operating system. However, I have a confirmed P2181 but no MIL illumination. There's a TSB (18-032-11) that appears to address a 2181 issue where the system is operating fine.

So then back to my question. If I just disable the rationality test with JScan, will that effectively take care of the 2181 because it will tell the ECU to stop doing the test, and if it doesn't do the test, then it can't fail the test, and if it can't fail the test, then it can't confirm a code?

Again, I'm very confident the system is operating correctly, I'm mainly curious if I can end run my way into practically the same thing as the TSB re-flash.

Also, I have my software version from JScan if it's at all possible to tell if I had the TSB already?