Is there an aftermarket radio that actually fits the dash opening?

WestCoastDan

JK Enthusiast
Considering a change from the factory NAV radio, and I'm curious if anyone has found a model/brand that doesn't require the filler panels/adapter kit to fill in along the sides of the radio.
I've been looking on Crutchfield (one of my favorite car audio sites) and a few others, but everything that I have seen so far requires the filler pieces.

Ideally, I would like to find one that has the same screen/face size as the factory unit if possible.
I'm definitely NOT interested in one of the units with a giant screen that floats in front of the dash. :sick:

I would also consider an aftermarket dash if that would work! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Aftermarket radios sizes are standardized. Height is either Single Din for the shorter/ thinner ones that are growing pretty rare, and double din for what is usually a touch screen these days. The width is also a standard measurement.

I suppose you could google something along the line of non-standard size car stereo, but I highly doubt you will end up with a brand that you have ever heard of.

There are floating ones now, though the last one I tried at Best Buy was pretty laggy, that probably cover up those plastic extenders.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
@WestCoastDan - what did you decide on? I'm replacing my factory radio after running into the circuit board problem. I'm finding radios from $300 to $1500 and having a hard time ensuring it fits, works with my sirius, uconnect and steering wheel controls.

thanks

@Mountains and Jeeps, I have THIS in both of our Wranglers. It's bigger than the OEM radio, but fits in the same hole in the dash. Since it's an Android/CarPlay device, you can install the Sirus app and stream to your hearts content. It supports bluetooth (which is all UConnect is). It works with your steering wheel controls. It has GPS. You can add a backup camera for about $20. If you put an OBDII dongle in your Jeep, it will function as a code scanner. It takes about 30 minutes to install, with a 7mm socket and either a trim tool or a flathead screwdriver.

The only connection you might have to think about is the antenna. And I'll save you the trouble. When you remove the OEM radio, it has two antenna connections. One connector is white, the other is yellow. You want the white one.
IMG_5375[1].JPG

• Haha
Reactions: BigAL07
I disliked the ‘floating’ face and opted for the 10.1” Android version from Amazon.
It came complete w/ a new dash bezel AND the part of the dash that covers the gauge cluster (factory part is 1 piece, this replacement is a 2 piece design).
It’s a quirky Android device, but the install was very easy. Steering wheel controls work w/o any additional programming or fuss.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Which one? The ones that I have seen that replace the dash are upwards of $1,000.
Not saying they're not good, just that they're pricey.