Is it possible to add a touch screen and back up camera?

Frankeer

Hi everyone, just bought my first jk, is my first jeep.
I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport, is it possible to add a touch screen and back up camera? And if it is which one do you recommend me? And could it be the factory one or it has to be a third party one?

Reactions: BrazilBuilders
Absolutely. You need an aftermarket head unit and a backup camera.

There are many, many options, but my favorite one is this:

That kit cost an arm and a leg, but it's Alpine (which is the best of the best in my book), and it comes with an Apple CarPlay compatible head unit (Android Auto too I believe), a backup camera, and a restyle kit which increases the size of the head unit from 7" (stock) to 9".

Those things were made specifically for the Jeep Wrangler JK, and they are second to none. Like I said though, they cost a lot!

There are many others out there, some of them being as cheap as $500, but they are obviously a lot lower quality.

Another good option is this head unit:

You could pair that with a backup camera easily.

I left stock radio alone and use a Garmin GPS with backup camera. Around here a high price radio won’t last long

Absolutely. You need an aftermarket head unit and a backup camera.

There are many, many options, but my favorite one is this:

That kit cost an arm and a leg, but it's Alpine (which is the best of the best in my book), and it comes with an Apple CarPlay compatible head unit (Android Auto too I believe), a backup camera, and a restyle kit which increases the size of the head unit from 7" (stock) to 9".

Those things were made specifically for the Jeep Wrangler JK, and they are second to none. Like I said though, they cost a lot!

There are many others out there, some of them being as cheap as $500, but they are obviously a lot lower quality.

Another good option is this head unit:

You could pair that with a backup camera easily.
With the first one I only need that, plug and that’s it? I don’t need to buy anything else?

With the first one I only need that, plug and that’s it? I don’t need to buy anything else?

Yep, that first one is everything you need, the whole package ready to plug-in-and-go. Of course it will take a few hours to install, as you have to wire the rear backup camera and take apart the center portion of the dash to install the new head unit, but it's as good as they get! Alpine built those units specifically for the Jeep Wrangler JK, and they are indeed amazing!

you can also get the Jscan app and turn on the back up camera feature so it come on when you go in reverse on its own. im there are other ways too but this is the one i know of. you need a backup camera and aftermarket headunit like chris said

Reactions: JerryD
My JK came with a Sony XAV-AX100 which is touch screen and has a video output for aback up cam. Plus the head unit is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto....runs around $300 on Amazon..then pick you up a camera