Installing DSC350 3.5 inch Kicker speakers in my 2016 JK

CutlerBayJK

Hello everyone.

I am new to the forum and needed help.

I am trying to upgrade the dash speakers in my 2016 Jeep JK. I recently bought the Kickers DSC350 3.5" speakers to replace those horribe "tweeters" in the dash. The issue im having is that they wont drop right in. It feels like if the speakers are too wide or something is obstructing it from sitting flush. Has anyone done this in the past and do you know if i need to trim something?

The sound from these is amazing and would love to get them installed but afraid to cut things out i will regret later.

Thank you all again and sorry if this has been asked before, i tried doing the research first before posting.

Joe

Hello everyone.

I am new to the forum and needed help.

I am trying to upgrade the dash speakers in my 2016 Jeep JK. I recently bought the Kickers DSC350 3.5" speakers to replace those horribe "tweeters" in the dash. The issue im having is that they wont drop right in. It feels like if the speakers are too wide or something is obstructing it from sitting flush. Has anyone done this in the past and do you know if i need to trim something?

The sound from these is amazing and would love to get them installed but afraid to cut things out i will regret later.

Thank you all again and sorry if this has been asked before, i tried doing the research first before posting.

Joe
I think your issue is the speaker size. The Kicker upgrade size for the top dash tweeter is 2.75", not the 3.5" you purchased.
Kicker has a KSC270 upgrade speaker for the top dash tweeter.