I want a inexpensive Wrangler

beastms65

Hello all, I have never owned Wrangler before , but I want to have one as a second vehicle, don't want to spend more then $16k . What I am seeing in the South Florida market are high mileage jeeps like 170kmiles and more . I am concerned that I am looking at are alot of mechanical issues, anything I should be looking at when I view these vehicles. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hello all, I have never owned Wrangler before , but I want to have one as a second vehicle, don't want to spend more then $16k . What I am seeing in the South Florida market are high mileage jeeps like 170kmiles and more . I am concerned that I am looking at are alot of mechanical issues, anything I should be looking at when I view these vehicles. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Just get one that has no major rust issues, a 6 cylinder, and maybe the least modifications. Unless you find them tasteful to your preference.

I wouldnt be concerned about mileage. Engines and transmissions can be replaced at a relatively low cost.

EDIT: looking for another one myself and I see mileage to my benefit because it gives me more room to negotiate, as a lot of people fear high mileage vehicles. Everything I've ever owned has always had over 100 K with the exception of my newer JK and that has been the biggest pain in the ass to keep reliable.

EDIT2: I just realized you're looking for a JK gen Wrangler. So scrap my above comment and look for a JK that is a 2014 and up. Lower mileage and no modifications. Rust isn't as much an issue with that era of Jeep, but of course try to find a clean one. Your budget will be tight. I can tell you that.

Last edited: