How to Reset JK Emission Monitors

mjbbeck

Hi all! New member but have had my Jeep JKU for years. I am having a problem that is driving me nuts. I can't get the jeep to pass the emissions test. The problem is that the O2, Cat and Evap monitors are not showing "ready". I have been driving it for miles and miles (which is what my mechanic said to do) but it will not reset those three monitors into the "ready" position. I know it has to do with the drive cycle and I have printed some directions off the internet (and this forum) but it still is not working. Does anyone have any ideas or tricks of the trade to get all the damn emissions monitors to reset to the ready status?? Totally Frustrated! Is this something that a mechanic could "fix" even if I took it to the dealer?

What year is your JK? My 2008 didn't have any problems resetting the O2's when I put a new exhaust system and o2's on.

Did you try the ECM reset with the battery cables?

I did try disconnecting the pos battery and grounding it. I did not do the headlight step, I will try that tonight. I have a 2008 JKU with 120,000 miles on it.