How to reach top of gas pedal for Throttle Commander install

Albertaktm

I want to install this on my 2010 JKU but find it nearly impossible to get access to the connector that sits above the gas pedal. I have seen a few videos on JK’s on the install but on the video the top of the pedal is almost in view just putting you head down by the seat. Mine is waaaay the hell up there. There must be a difference in the configuration year to year. I tried taking the plastic lower panels below the steering wheel off. Even the metal plate covering an ECU controller but still cant see it. Little own get my hand in to undo the connection to install the pedal commander. think i might have to get Elastoman in with the long rubber arms

Yes it's a real PIA to get to the connector, it might be easier to unbolt the pedal assembly from the firewall.

Yes it's a real PIA to get to the connector, it might be easier to unbolt the pedal assembly from the firewall.
Thats probably what I am going to go with. I have seen videos where they get the camera right up and show one hand releasing the factory red clip and removing the connection. I cant even see it with the panels off! But i wont give up!

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
Thats probably what I am going to go with. I have seen videos where they get the camera right up and show one hand releasing the factory red clip and removing the connection. I cant even see it with the panels off! But i wont give up!

It took me a while and I did it with the pedal in place.

I want to install this on my 2010 JKU but find it nearly impossible to get access to the connector that sits above the gas pedal. I have seen a few videos on JK’s on the install but on the video the top of the pedal is almost in view just putting you head down by the seat. Mine is waaaay the hell up there. There must be a difference in the configuration year to year. I tried taking the plastic lower panels below the steering wheel off. Even the metal plate covering an ECU controller but still cant see it. Little own get my hand in to undo the connection to install the pedal commander. think i might have to get Elastoman in with the long rubber arms
Have you read my post following the installation of my Pedal Commander last Friday afternoon? Just a recap.... I'm 6'6" and close to 300 lbs with hands big enough to easily palm a basketball. And I'm 66 years old. So, there's nothing in any of that equation which jumps off the page and says, "Yeah! He can do it!"
Nope.
Called my buddy a couple houses down. He builds and races vintage motocross bikes and has small hands... and he's much younger..... and smaller..... and more nimble.
He made the connections in less time than I spent thinking of which chiropractor to use if I tried to climb up in there.

Bottom line- very worth it!