How do I clear the cowl drain on 2007 JK

BarryBoy47

After raining there is water leaking into the cabin on the passenger side. There are Youtube videos on how to clear drains on other years of Jeep, but nothing specific for JK 2007. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This shows how to remove the cowl:

Just take the cowl off and clean out under there, it's as simple as that (y)

Thanks for the quick reply, the actual cleaning of the drains or is not included. It show where the water drains from , not the hose or where a clog can occur. I’ll keep looking.

Thanks for the quick reply, the actual cleaning of the drains or is not included. It show where the water drains from , not the hose or where a clog can occur. I’ll keep looking.
Did you ever figure out how to clearbout the drain of the cowl or where to seal it to keep water out of your floor

Hi! I'm having the same issue. Got the Cowl off but I don't see ANY drain that people are saying to clean out. I have an 08. Any help or video to walk me through?

Hi! I'm having the same issue. Got the Cowl off but I don't see ANY drain that people are saying to clean out. I have an 08. Any help or video to walk me through?
On my 08, I removed the cowl, on the passenger side there are 2 bolts that hold the corner piece down (not sure of the name) remove those and you can slightly bend the corner piece up wards and it will allow you to access a piece of foil material that is stuck down by some rubbery material. slowly peel the foil up and below there you will be able to see the drain and clean it out.

Reactions: BigAL07