Help with P0123 code

Drag-N-Fly

My son's 2008 JK X threw the code P0123 so we replaced the throttle body and accelerator pedal sensor today. It ran great for most of the day then, the lightening bolt came on and it is acting sluggish, not running like normal.

My son's 2008 JK X threw the code P0123 so we replaced the throttle body and accelerator pedal sensor today. It ran great for most of the day then, the lightening bolt came on and it is acting sluggish, not running like normal.

So just to clarify, replacing the throttle body and pedal sensor got rid of the P0123 code, then it ran fine, now it's having this new issue? Have you scanned it for codes again to see what (if any) codes it's currently throwing?

Make sure you have that pedal sensor plugged in tight. On mine the connection was slightly loose and occasionally the red lighting bolt would come on, the engine would lose power, and then I would have to pull to the side of the road. When I would wiggle the brake pedal, it would have power again. I found out it was the connector itself and it was just somewhat loose enough to lose connection.

So just to clarify, replacing the throttle body and pedal sensor got rid of the P0123 code, then it ran fine, now it's having this new issue? Have you scanned it for codes again to see what (if any) codes it's currently throwing?

Make sure you have that pedal sensor plugged in tight. On mine the connection was slightly loose and occasionally the red lighting bolt would come on, the engine would lose power, and then I would have to pull to the side of the road. When I would wiggle the brake pedal, it would have power again. I found out it was the connector itself and it was just somewhat loose enough to lose connection.
@Chris you may want to keep this product (or one like it) on hand if it happens again.

MG Chemicals Silver Conductive Grease, Maximum Thermal Conductivity, 7 g Dispenser https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005T8QLYM/?tag=jkforum-20

Reactions: DrDmoney and Chris