Help with error codes on 2008 Wrangler

andy0469

hey guys wondering if y'all can help me out! My jeep Wrangler 2008 engine has been tripping lately. I don't know what is going on. I went to a mechanic this morning to get it scanned and I got the following codes. FYI --> I recently installed a new coil pack, changed all my old sparplugs and also added a new computer. since I was told the one I had wasn't functioning properly anymore according to an old mechanic.

But the codes that came up are:
P0300 (MULTIPLE CYLINDER MISFIRE)
P0406 (EGR - EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION) POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH
P0456 (EVAP SYSTEM SMALL LEAK)
P0132 (O2 SENSOR 1/1 CIRCUIT HIGH)
P0137 (O2 SENSOR 1/2 CIRCUIT LOW)

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH ALL THESE CODES?

On a older Jeep you should clean the grounds and if your still using the junk Factory battery clamps replace them with some good HD ones.

Were those Codes there before the ECM swap?

How long ago was the ECM swap, the new ECM has to relearn from what i've heard.

The ECM is Brand new! 3/4 months. The codes came after I swap the old ECM and installed a new one. So, to understand the new ECM I bought is also not working right?

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

Bad grounds can cause alot of electrical problems, if they haven't been cleaned then should try that first. Maybe even add another ground from the battery to the alternator, you can never have to many grounds.

Then reset the CEL's and drive it for a while and see if they come back.

Reactions: tJKrider
and what about the ECM?

Need to try and eliminate some of the easy possible issues like the dirty connections and finding the Evap problem and maybe the CEL's will go away. There could possibly be nothing wrong with the ECM, it's just letting you know there is a issue with those things.

Reactions: Danarch
Need to try and eliminate some of the easy possible issues like the dirty connections and finding the Evap problem and maybe the CEL's will go away. There could possibly be nothing wrong with the ECM, it's just letting you know there is a issue with those things.
okay. Someone else I who also scanned the engine told me that number 1, 3, and 6 of the engine (cant remember what it was called) is not getting the signals from the computer so the engine works properly.

okay. Someone else I who also scanned the engine told me that number 1, 3, and 6 of the engine (cant remember what it was called) is not getting the signals from the computer so the engine works properly.

If they are all on the same side of the engine then it doesn't mean it's the ECM, could be a bad ground or connection at the connector going to that side of the engine.