Help with CB mounts

Ens2220

I recently bought this jeep already decked out and trying to get the CB to work properly i get alot of static so im trying to figure out if its a bad connection with the attenas withe the powder coating ? Heres a picture i will post a better one later thanks

20191113_155529.jpg

There are a couple of issues to look at with the CB Radio. What is the Standing Wave Ratio (SWR)? If above 2, you are going to fry the finals.
Do not trust the SWR meter setting on the radio, get a fully independent meter.

The antennas you are using may not be set up properly.

I'll post a photo of my rigs CB system shortly.

You have to also consider you may have bad cables too.

There are a couple of issues to look at with the CB Radio. What is the Standing Wave Ratio (SWR)? If above 2, you are going to fry the finals.
Do not trust the SWR meter setting on the radio, get a fully independent meter.

The antennas you are using may not be set up properly.

I'll post a photo of my rigs CB system shortly.

You have to also consider you may have bad cables too.

Here is my setup.

The mounts I bought off of eBay. I had to get a different setup for the antennas to work right, so I bought the parts I needed off of Amazon. The antennas came from a Big Rig store in Florida called Raney's if I remember correctly.

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Thanks for the reply i decided to redo the set up i was thinking about going with a whip antenna to get maxium range now for this certain antenna does it still needs to be hooked up with a coaxial cable? Thanks

Thanks for the reply i decided to redo the set up i was thinking about going with a whip antenna to get maxium range now for this certain antenna does it still needs to be hooked up with a coaxial cable? Thanks

Yes, all CB antenna's need to have a coaxial cable. These antenna's that I am running are behind a Galaxy SSB CB that was tuned up by a radio shop out of Phoenix, AZ. Got it through eBay. The truckers I have spoken with, some as far as 15 miles have been surprised by how well I get out with it, but then again the rig is pushing extra wattage.

The coaxial cable can have two PL-59's (one at each end) or a terminus with a shielded portion of the cable connected to the mount with the main wire connected to the base of the antenna.