Help!!! Transmission won't go into gear.

Rob07jk

07 Wrangler JK. Ran fine when parked, now not. Tranny won't engage in any gear, clicks terribly when shifting from R to P, and 4wd shifter slides effortlessly. Please advise. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0390.MOV
    22.9 MB
07 Wrangler JK. Ran fine when parked, now not. Tranny won't engage in any gear, clicks terribly when shifting from R to P, and 4wd shifter slides effortlessly. Please advise. Thank you.

Just kinda of a guess but maybe sounds like a transfercase problem. Are you sure the transfercase isn't in neutral?

Go under the Jeep and have someone move the transfercase shifter back and forth while you look to see if it's moving the shift arm.

I haven't used the 4wd in a year. It's an auto transmission. I'll check that at half time. Thing is it was fine when I parked it a week ago. Thanks Bro.

If the transfer case is fine, check the tranny fluid, and for leaks under the vehicle.

You may be able to leave the vehicle running for a bit and it will work. Then it def a fluid issue. The fluid is pumped through the radiator to keep it cool, but it also warms it up after the vehicle reaches temp. An important detail for me up here when the temp is below zero. At 200k I have to baby my tranny a bit.