Help required for wrangler issues

Maxjk

Hi everybody, hope you’re all well. I just recently bought a Jeep wrangler Jk renegade sport 2013 and have been faced with nothing but complications since purchasing. The first hiccup on my behalf was purchasing the vehicle after doing a third party inspection via dubizzle and being told it has a major oil transmission leak. I looked past this as the car seemed in good condition and decided to take it anyway. My first trip was to Jeepers to get a 2.5 inch lift kit installed, have the oil sump changed, change some bulbs and 1 Sun visor. I then took the vehicle to get new bf Goodrich 23’s put on with new fuel rebel rims. This was all done via tow truck prior to passing vehicle inspection to complete the handover successfully with RTA. It was only 1 week after that I had a major oil leak. The engine had overheated and there was oil everywhere. I then took my car to Jeep’s service center where they had claimed it was due to the engine cooler which needed replacing. I paid around 5000 aed for this to be done and was told that it would be fine afterwards. It was only 1 and a half months afterwards that I had yet another leak of some sort. I decided to take it to a friends garage as they charged significantly less and still had the same products supplied by Al Futtaim motors. They replaced the radiator as they said this was the issue. I paid around 3500 aed for this to be done. They also said that there was a leak in the coolant case and it was replaced. After a few months of no stress, I took a bit of a bump off road which I believe any Jeep should be able to withstand, however mine seems to be a little sensitive. My few minutes of fame off-road gave me a total loss of steering due to a bent axle and a few other broken parts. Below is a list -

1. FRONT BRAKE PAD
  2. REAR BRAKE PAD
  3. BRAKE DISC SKIMING
  4. FRONT LINK ROD BUSH
  5. FRONT BALANCE ROD CUT BUSH (not available)
  6. THERMOSTATE VALVE
  7. PCV VALVE O RING
  8. PC V VALVE
  9. CAN SENSOR O RING
  10. VALVE COVER GASKET
  11. PLUG SEAL
  12. SEALANT
  13. FRONT DRAG ROD END (not available)
  14. CONSUMABLES
  15. WHEEL ALIGHNEMNT

After getting this work done which totaled 5000 aed (2 of the parts weren’t available) 2 months after I had yet another leak. If you cannot tell already, my knowledge with vehicles is extremely weak and I believe it’s coolant due to the color. This leak isn’t anywhere near as bad as it barely hit the ground but was still soaking all parts underneath the vehicle. At this point I just want to get rid of the vehicle because it’s caused far too much stress. If anybody has any idea as to what my issue could be or has faced any similar complications I would be extremely appreciative.

Last edited:
If the tires you put on are taller you'll need to recalibrate the speedometer or if you have a auto trans it won't shift right.

Also depending on how tall the tires are you might need to change your gears in the axles. Jeep has 3 different gear ratios 3.21, 3.73 and 4.10's, my guess yours has 3.21's.

This Link has a place to enter your VIN number and it will tell you what gears are installed at the Factory.

Reactions: zinisk and Maxjk