Help de-pin this connector

f22beaver

I'm usually pretty adept at doing these, but I can't get this one figured out. What am I doing wrong?

This is the ECT sensor plug by the way. My sensor itself was wicking coolant into the bowl where the pins are. Now it has wicked into the connector and I want to de-pin it and clean it and see how high the coolant got.

PXL_20240919_161403001.MP.jpg

PXL_20240919_161353502.MP.jpg

I think pushing a pin extractor or micro-screwdriver into this location will disengage the 'hook' on the pin.
1726775257585.png

Obviously, you'll have to do it for both wires.

If you opt to use a screwdriver, I would orient the blade to be vertical, so that the width of the blade does not get hung up on the housing when pressing down on the handle, and you can actually make contact with the 'hook'.

I think pushing a pin extractor or micro-screwdriver into this location will disengage the 'hook' on the pin.
View attachment 128053
Obviously, you'll have to do it for both wires.

If you opt to use a screwdriver, I would orient the blade to be vertical, so that the width of the blade does not get hung up on the housing when pressing down on the handle, and you can actually make contact with the 'hook'.

Hmmm, I was in there, though admittedly not vertical. Am I trying to push "up" on the metal connector I can see (that's in line with your top line of the red box)?

Yes, per my best guess that is correct.
The ‘hook’ is only about 25-30% as wide as the contact itself & the sidewall profile of the hole prevents the horizontally-aligned blade from depressing the ‘hook’.

Reactions: Danarch