HELP - cannot get rid of P0344 code

TheKraken

2013 JKU, 3.6 PentaStar, 219,000 miles .....From NC. I did a cross country trip hitting the BOH trails over the summer. In SoCal I threw a code P0344. Trans went from 5th gear to 4th gear....manually pushed it back into 5th gear and went straight to a dealer. They replaced Bank 1 Sensor. Thought all was good went on to the Rubicon. But light came on a couple hours into my drive. Needless to say I cleared the code and pushed on. This was repeated many times until I noticed the Code was popping every 2 hours of drive. I stopped in Oklahoma and had another dealer try to figure it out. They dropped in both Bank 1 and 2 sensors. Now, 4 months later, I'm starting to recognize a pattern. Once my engine gets to 27-2800 RPM, 67-69MPH Engine Light comes on, Trans drops to 4th and repeats the process every time. So I have been maintaining a speed of 65MPH on highways and watching my RPM's, in order to not throw the code. I've replaced Bank 1 and Bank 2 sensors again. I am tempted to replace the pigtail in hopes its something electrical. But I am also concerned of the CAM walking or Timing Chain being loose.

Please - if you've been able to fix this help guide me to the correct fix!

My understanding of the code is the signal from the cam position sensor is being interrupted. When the signal is interrupted, and therefore loses the cam sensor position info, it then starts messing with ignition and fuel injection timing, which then results in a downshift, more than likely.
I'm hoping that because you took it to a dealer, they put in OEM sensors. Given you've been able to narrow down exactly when this is happening, I hope it's just a wiring issue and a pigtail will fix, because my next guess was the timing chain.
Do you have a JScan & OBD dongle where you can see real time data yourself?

My understanding of the code is the signal from the cam position sensor is being interrupted. When the signal is interrupted, and therefore loses the cam sensor position info, it then starts messing with ignition and fuel injection timing, which then results in a downshift, more than likely.
I'm hoping that because you took it to a dealer, they put in OEM sensors. Given you've been able to narrow down exactly when this is happening, I hope it's just a wiring issue and a pigtail will fix, because my next guess was the timing chain.
Do you have a JScan & OBD dongle where you can see real time data yourself?
no real time reader....but i have connections