Hello from SoCal

richieca

Hi All,

Name is Richard just joined today. Glad to see a forum dedicated to the JK as everywhere else seems to now be focused on the JL and Gladiator. Anyone out in SoCal want to hit up some trails PM me.

JKUR.jpg

Reactions: citizenerasing
Welcome from Oregon, great looking Rubicon too!

I hear you man! Everyone has lost interest with the JK with the JL and Gladiator now being the main focus. I personally the JK now as being a great bargain. They've come down significantly in value, which makes it a great buyers market.

I test drove a JL Rubicon and I found that I didn't like the interior as much as the JK oddly enough. It felt a bit cheap and like it was a little "too much" for a Jeep.

I also don't think the differences between the JK and the JL are enough to warrant an upgrade. Same engine, mostly the same look (minus smaller style changes), same drivetrain for the most part, etc.

To me the JL looks more like a mid-cycle refresh / facelift than an entirely new Wrangler. That being said, it doesn't make sense to me to go buy a new one, especially when you can get a low mileage JK for much less.

They also seem to be having a lot of issues with them that have yet to be worked out.

Welcome from Oregon, great looking Rubicon too!

I hear you man! Everyone has lost interest with the JK with the JL and Gladiator now being the main focus. I personally the JK now as being a great bargain. They've come down significantly in value, which makes it a great buyers market.

I test drove a JL Rubicon and I found that I didn't like the interior as much as the JK oddly enough. It felt a bit cheap and like it was a little "too much" for a Jeep.

I also don't think the differences between the JK and the JL are enough to warrant an upgrade. Same engine, mostly the same look (minus smaller style changes), same drivetrain for the most part, etc.

To me the JL looks more like a mid-cycle refresh / facelift than an entirely new Wrangler. That being said, it doesn't make sense to me to go buy a new one, especially when you can get a low mileage JK for much less.

They also seem to be having a lot of issues with them that have yet to be worked out.

The new Jeeps are insanely expensive. Pretty sure when a the TJ Rubicon was released it was around 27,000 new? With inflation that would be 36,000 today. Compared to a JL Rubicon which with dealer markups (at least around my area) are listed at 60k.... yeah....not happening. That's why I went with Jk instead of buy JL (plus insane depreciation of brand new cars.)

The new Jeeps are insanely expensive. Pretty sure when a the TJ Rubicon was released it was around 27,000 new? With inflation that would be 36,000 today. Compared to a JL Rubicon which with dealer markups (at least around my area) are listed at 60k.... yeah....not happening. That's why I went with Jk instead of buy JL (plus insane depreciation of brand new cars.)

Yes, and the prices don't make sense either.

As much as I love a nice LJ Rubicon, paying 27k for one is absurd, when for just a little more, you can get a JK Rubicon Hard Rock or similar.