Hello from MN

Northern Troy

I'm Troy, I'm from MN. Joined the forum for typical reasons, learn more about the jeep, events, like minded people hopefully.

I'm no stranger to forums. I've owned a couple, admined others.

Here's my forum dating profile.

I like anything I can modify. I have had sports cars, K5 blazer, so on and so forth. I am also into motorcycles. I manage two motorcycle dealerships both top 10 in the country (my bragging rights don't judge).

Wheelers, boats, snowmobiles, basically anything I can drive and have fun with. Hunting as fishing as well.

I have a JK unlimited Sahara I picked up to tinker with and off road. I've done some upgrading, cai, cat back exhaust, tune, wheels and 35 inch tires, 3 inch lift, headlights, fog lights, smoked amber signals, side markers, tail lights, eagle eye front end, grab handles, graphics package and a couple other minor things in the few months I've had it so far.

Plan in the very close future is warn winch, bumpers and small led bar in the front bumper, 4.10's front and rear, going to a dana 44 up front.

Hopefully that about does it for the first 6 months I'll own it and that satisfies.

So there it is, my dating profile, don't forget to swipe right.

Troy

Haha, we share a similar story! Haven't owned a Mustang, but I had a Hellcat, a C6 Z06 Corvette, a 69 Camaro, 2014 Camaro ZL1, etc. Somehow the Jeep is more fun than all of them though, go figure! I guess it goes to show that going fast isn't everything.

What kind of motorcycle dealerships do you manage? I've owned just about every cool motorcycle imaginable at some point as well (y)

Oh, post some photos of your JK when you get a chance, and welcome to the forum!

Haha, we share a similar story! Haven't owned a Mustang, but I had a Hellcat, a C6 Z06 Corvette, a 69 Camaro, 2014 Camaro ZL1, etc. Somehow the Jeep is more fun than all of them though, go figure! I guess it goes to show that going fast isn't everything.

What kind of motorcycle dealerships do you manage? I've owned just about every cool motorcycle imaginable at some point as well (y)

Oh, post some photos of your JK when you get a chance, and welcome to the forum!
Awesome. Ive had a few friends tell me that and this way I'll be off road and stay out of trouble hopefully. My car list is silly long, I have car ADD like you wouldn't believe. A few good friends thought I'd enjoy it, I've had mud trucks in my teenage years. I think this will be something I will never again live without.

I run two of the top 10 Indian Motorcycle dealerships in the country. Don't hate on me for saying it, I gotta enjoy some bragging rights after putting in all that work lol.

Most people still view Indian as a brown leather and tussle bike. That hasn't been the case in a long time. They make an incredibly modern bike with the best in power, fit and finish, tech, handling, braking, reliability and standard options. Easy to crank out the bikes when you're selling a great product. Force of habit, a lot of HD guys out there so I like to rattle that off to rattle their cages.

I'll post some pics, I don't have anything recent really. Some pics as I added things is about it but nothing to how it looks now. Ill get some and get back on that.

You have the 3.6 or 3.8 JKU? Pictures make us believe you really have one, you know it's worth a 1000 words.

I have a K5 Blazer also it's very rare though, it sports a 12v Cummins.

Nothing recent but ill work on that.

20200508_214155.jpg

Lol yep, I'm back on a forum.

"Post pic to prove you have one."

Posts pic.

"Just because you posted a pic doesn't mean its yours."

Lol why anyone on earth would pretend to own a jeep is beyond me I guess. I'd never doubt someone who said they owned a jeep.

Awesome. Ive had a few friends tell me that and this way I'll be off road and stay out of trouble hopefully. My car list is silly long, I have car ADD like you wouldn't believe. A few good friends thought I'd enjoy it, I've had mud trucks in my teenage years. I think this will be something I will never again live without.

I run two of the top 10 Indian Motorcycle dealerships in the country. Don't hate on me for saying it, I gotta enjoy some bragging rights after putting in all that work lol.

Most people still view Indian as a brown leather and tussle bike. That hasn't been the case in a long time. They make an incredibly modern bike with the best in power, fit and finish, tech, handling, braking, reliability and standard options. Easy to crank out the bikes when you're selling a great product. Force of habit, a lot of HD guys out there so I like to rattle that off to rattle their cages.

I'll post some pics, I don't have anything recent really. Some pics as I added things is about it but nothing to how it looks now. Ill get some and get back on that.

Oh man... I LOVE INDIANS! I had a 2017 Scout ABS that got stollen, and now I'm in the market for another Scout ABS.

I also have car ADD as well, so I get it! I've kept some of them for 2-3 months and gotten rid of them.

I didn't think you would say Indian, but now that you did, I feel like you must be reading my mind. Indian is by far my favorite brand of motorcycles. I've owned a lot too. Ducati, Aprilia, MV Agusta, Harley, Yamaha, Honda... you name it, I've owned it, but Indian is the best-of-the-best IMHO!

Indian is just the best of all worlds imo.

The scout is a killer bike! 22 more HP than its competitor, low center of gravity, low seat height, 100 hp on a 540 lbs cruiser. They rip. Intake and pipes puts it 110-115hp. They just run. Unexpected as well is the revving to 8k on an American v twin.

I'm just teaching my wife to ride. She's been content as a passenger on my Roadmaster for years but I think its time. I just had a wreck and totalled it and am thinking about a challenger this time. The passenger seat isn't quite as comfortable so it would be nice for her to be able to ride her own from time to time. I'm going to dress it as a tour with accessories. Except hard lowers, they aren't making them yet.

Anyway, the scout is a blast. She is getting the new scout bobber 20. Then we'll do floor boards, windshield and make her a little more comfortable with a quick release fairing and custom seat.

What color are you thinking on the scout?

Reactions: Chris
Indian is just the best of all worlds imo.

The scout is a killer bike! 22 more HP than its competitor, low center of gravity, low seat height, 100 hp on a 540 lbs cruiser. They rip. Intake and pipes puts it 110-115hp. They just run. Unexpected as well is the revving to 8k on an American v twin.

I'm just teaching my wife to ride. She's been content as a passenger on my Roadmaster for years but I think its time. I just had a wreck and totalled it and am thinking about a challenger this time. The passenger seat isn't quite as comfortable so it would be nice for her to be able to ride her own from time to time. I'm going to dress it as a tour with accessories. Except hard lowers, they aren't making them yet.

Anyway, the scout is a blast. She is getting the new scout bobber 20. Then we'll do floor boards, windshield and make her a little more comfortable with a quick release fairing and custom seat.

What color are you thinking on the scout?

First time I got on a Scout I was blown away. I had a Harley Forty Eight Sporster before, and the Scout blows it away in every department, literally.

Not to mention that the Scout has some serious surprises when it comes to how well it handles! It's a very easy bike to ride, so I would say it's a great bike for your wife.

For the Scout, I want the red / cream color on the ABS model. To me that is the perfect color. My plan is to do that with the wire spoke wheel option, the single pipe Indian exhaust they make for it, and the LED headlight.

Good choice in accessories! Do the intake as well, its really cheap, $104.99 and gets the stage 1 reflash with it. Nice power add for little money plus improves economy.