Heater control unit and blend door actuator problems

Jefvet1

I had a blinking light on my defrost light ( third switch from the left) on my heater control unit on start up for about 30 seconds then everything works fine.I replaced the control unit and all the blend door actuators still have the issue of blinking if any one has any information how to fix it would be appreciated or if there is a recalibration process I could do. I just can’t seem to find an information on my situation. I just don’t want to go to the dealership if I don have to.

I had a blinking light on my defrost light ( third switch from the left) on my heater control unit on start up for about 30 seconds then everything works fine.I replaced the control unit and all the blend door actuators still have the issue of blinking if any one has any information how to fix it would be appreciated or if there is a recalibration process I could do. I just can’t seem to find an information on my situation. I just don’t want to go to the dealership if I don have to.
So I wanted to update my own post, it seems no one had any answers since there were Absolutely no replies so if someone reads this I hope it will help them, the 3 blend door actuators I used were all aftermarket they all worked but the system had to calibrate every time the vehicle started up taking about 30 to 60 seconds that’s why the far right light on the heater control switch would flash everytime the Jeep was started I replaced them with all OEM and problem solved! For the time it took for me to do the job twice OEM is the way to go for me, I hope this helps someone.

Sorry for missing this the first time.

The function of the later model JK blend doors is odd. When powered they do a little self test.
After an accident with a '14 an object got stuck in the mechanism and it took me awhile to find. After I got the object out, pulling a certain fuse for a few seconds and then replacing and then powering the system would fix it for me. (it was j12 or j20 I think,. one of the ones that has a plastic housing)
To recalibrate I had to have all the nobs in a certain place (I think it was all the way to the left) when I started up the jeep. I would then hear them do their dance and I had control again. I would have to reset it again after 3 or 4 months for some reason.

Thank you for updating your post, and again sorry for missing the original one. Too bad your search didn't pop up times in the past when I've made these suggestions, but it's such a rare issue that just getting the wording the same as previous post would be almost impossible.

Glad to hear you got things working.

So I wanted to update my own post, it seems no one had any answers since there were Absolutely no replies so if someone reads this I hope it will help them, the 3 blend door actuators I used were all aftermarket they all worked but the system had to calibrate every time the vehicle started up taking about 30 to 60 seconds that’s why the far right light on the heater control switch would flash everytime the Jeep was started I replaced them with all OEM and problem solved! For the time it took for me to do the job twice OEM is the way to go for me, I hope this helps someone.
Did you have to replace all 3 blend doors? I replaced the one on the drivers side and the control unit and I still get the gyrations and it is a 50/50 chance that the heat will work.

Did you have to replace all 3 blend doors? I replaced the one on the drivers side and the control unit and I still get the gyrations and it is a 50/50 chance that the heat will work.
have you don't the fuse reset that I mentioned in earlier post? I thought my stuff was borked and figuring that compressed a super annoying fix into 30 seconds.

Reactions: franka548