Headlights interfering with radio

SteelHeadking

Head Light Question. When I turn my headlights on it messes up the radio. I just got the jeep little over a month ago. Any Ideas??

So, LEDs operate by current passing through the diode, somewhere between 400 and 600 terrahertz. This current is being picked up by the radio receiver by either proximity or due to flickering. You likely need to install an anti-flicker canbus connector.

Aftermarket shorty antennas will cause this also
I have aftermarket LED headlights and a shorty antenna with no issues.

On another, related note, about 5-6 years ago I had to replace the main circuit board in my Lift-Master garage door opener after I installed LED light bulbs in it. The incandescent bulbs went out, so I put LED bulbs in. If you're familiar with how a "rolling-code" garage door opener works, I found out thru Lift-Master (Chamberlain) that LED bulbs operate within the same FCC approved frequency range as the opener remote that's clipped on the visor of your Jeep. So, what happens is everytime the light bulb goes on it changes the opener code and while you can manually reset the opener remote, as soon as that light comes on again, it'll need to be reset.
The workaround replacement circuit board cost me $80.

• Face Palm
Reactions: mrjp
I have aftermarket LED headlights and a shorty antenna with no issues.

On another, related note, about 5-6 years ago I had to replace the main circuit board in my Lift-Master garage door opener after I installed LED light bulbs in it. The incandescent bulbs went out, so I put LED bulbs in. If you're familiar with how a "rolling-code" garage door opener works, I found out thru Lift-Master (Chamberlain) that LED bulbs operate within the same FCC approved frequency range as the opener remote that's clipped on the visor of your Jeep. So, what happens is everytime the light bulb goes on it changes the opener code and while you can manually reset the opener remote, as soon as that light comes on again, it'll need to be reset.
The workaround replacement circuit board cost me $80.

I bet that one drove you nuts for a while :LOL:

So, LEDs operate by current passing through the diode, somewhere between 400 and 600 terrahertz. This current is being picked up by the radio receiver by either proximity or due to flickering. You likely need to install an anti-flicker canbus connector.
I believe I'm having this issue. Do you have any information on installing an anti-flickering canbus connector? Thanks!