Headlight Issue for new used Jeep owner

Kokopelli

Hey all,

Please assist! I own a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. Last night my drivers side headlight stopped working. In the “on” position both lights work on dim, drivers side does not work with brights. On “auto”, only passenger side works. On “0” both are off until I go into gear, then drivers side is off. I’m a bit confused so any advice or assistance will be truly appreciated and paid forward. Is there a fuse or a relay I should look for?

If you need any more info please ask….

Dustin

IMG_0918.jpeg

IMG_0919.jpeg

Hey all,

Please assist! I own a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. Last night my drivers side headlight stopped working. In the “on” position both lights work on dim, drivers side does not work with brights. On “auto”, only passenger side works. On “0” both are off until I go into gear, then drivers side is off. I’m a bit confused so any advice or assistance will be truly appreciated and paid forward. Is there a fuse or a relay I should look for?

If you need any more info please ask….

Dustin

View attachment 127539

View attachment 127540
Do those aftermarket headlights have plug and play connectors to the factory harness or are they spliced in somehow? Did you install them or were they already there when you purchased the vehicle? I would start from the headlight and start tracing back to see if there is any visible wire damage.

Reactions: vaffanculo
They were like this when I bought it. I haven’t looked at the wiring at all. This just started to malfunction last night. Can you tell by the picture that the lights are aftermarket?

Had this issue open the hood and with the lights on shake around the headlight connections and see if it comes on. you should have 2 plug and play connections ,one where it plugs into the oringinal wiring harness which should be the anti flicker tail wire for the headlight then one where it plugs into the headlight wire .so if it lights clean both connections put die grease on it then what I did was tied the connections very tight with electrical tape ..it worked for me..good luck
20230831_194632.jpg
20230831_191710.jpg

Once you've figured it out, get out your favorite softball bat and smash those halo lights into oblivion. Replace with a decent pair of LEDs without the halo.

Sorry, allowed my feelings about halo lights get in the way of a person needing help. My feelings about angry bird grilles and halo headlights are almost on par with each other.

Once you've figured it out, get out your favorite softball bat and smash those halo lights into oblivion. Replace with a decent pair of LEDs without the halo.

Sorry, allowed my feelings about halo lights get in the way of a person needing help. My feelings about angry bird grilles and halo headlights are almost on par with each other.
And no mention of ducks...shame.

• Haha
Reactions: Snowbird Tom
Hey vaffanculo, it worked! I couldn’t wait to get off work today and dig into this….your post gave me hope! The plug on headlight was held together with a zip tie and was loose. I cut the tie and put electric grease on connector, put the plug together, and secured it. Lights would flicker and go out as I wiggled plug so I knew it was the issue. I tied wires together in a fashion where lights where good and assembled the front end again. So far so good. If this fix fails, at least I know where to start next time.

Honestly, I wouldn’t have attempted anything without the couple of comments to my post.
Thanks again.