HD tie rods and drag link

n2opete

Looking to upgrade with dynatrac prorock XD 60/80 combo with 5.38’s and Adams 1530 drive shafts. Need to upgrade my tie rod and drag link. Looking into rock krawler. Any suggestions on what could be better?

My understanding is that these guys make one of the best HD steering kits available for the JK:

And it's aluminum too, which is another big plus.
I've been debating on upgrading my tie rods and drag link as well. What are your thoughts on the steering stabilizer and clamp they are offering with this kit?

I've been debating on upgrading my tie rods and drag link as well. What are your thoughts on the steering stabilizer and clamp they are offering with this kit?

The problem with steering stabilizers is that a $40 steering stabilizer does the exact same thing as a $200 steering stabilizer, honest to god.

That being said, the more expensive ones certainly look more "bling", so if you want a more expensive one just for the look, I get that. However, if it were me, I wouldn't personally run the stabilizer they sell, I'd buy a cheaper Monroe steering stabilizer (or similar), and run it instead. It does the same thing, but costs way less. Not to mention if you play off-road, your nice steering stabilizer is going to look beat up in no time at all.

The problem with steering stabilizers is that a $40 steering stabilizer does the exact same thing as a $200 steering stabilizer, honest to god.

That being said, the more expensive ones certainly look more "bling", so if you want a more expensive one just for the look, I get that. However, if it were me, I wouldn't personally run the stabilizer they sell, I'd buy a cheaper Monroe steering stabilizer (or similar), and run it instead. It does the same thing, but costs way less. Not to mention if you play off-road, your nice steering stabilizer is going to look beat up in no time at all.
Awesome, thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Chris

Yep, sure agree with this. Lots of folks throw those on to control that wobble when really it's just masking the problem. And it's certainly gonna get beat to shit out on the trail.

Yep, sure agree with this. Lots of folks throw those on to control that wobble when really it's just masking the problem. And it's certainly gonna get beat to shit out on the trail.

Yep, exactly. That's why I can't see spending big money on something that is just going to get beat up anyways.