Hardtop interior cleaning

zinisk

My '16 has a hardtop installed after purchase by PO. The white plastic interior has some soiling/staining that has refused to come fully clean. Mostly light brownish soiling in vertical sections of rear corners; not a big deal but bugs me. I feel this whitish textured plastic soils easily and not so easy to clean.

I've used Spray-9, generally very good on plastic cleaning, and some TSP, applied using micro-cloth and/or Scotchbrite pads.

Has anyone found good method to clean hardtop interiors that you'd recommend?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Wife pointed out mine were dirty, too. I just snarled.... her with her new Tahoe and the mobile detailing service she has to come and clean it a couple times a month.... how dare she?

But, I have given some thought to painting the inside of the freedom panels- anyone tried that?

I saw a video online where a hard top and freedom panels were painted black inside. Really made the Jeep look more refined. I plan on doing mine, currently researching the pros and cons (like extra weight) of using a good bedliner to reduce noise also.

Reactions: JeepJeezy
I saw a video online where a hard top and freedom panels were painted black inside. Really made the Jeep look more refined. I plan on doing mine, currently researching the pros and cons (like extra weight) of using a good bedliner to reduce noise also.

Let's us know how this project turns out! I'm interested in maybe doing mine too.

Reactions: tJKrider

I can picture the black respray, it would look richer. Imho, I'd be less happy with a dark paint, I think the light color keeps interior, especially in my case with black seats, carpet and very deep tinting, brighter.

Reactions: SpikesHD