Hard top leaking on 2008 2-door JK (help needed)

I had leaking issues at both B pillars. I kept tightening the big hand bolts in the sport bar to no avail. Counterintuitively, I removed them completely and the leaking stopped.
Also, recommend taking everything off and cleaning the surfaces thoroughly. Make sure to properly seat the freedom tops. Take your time and check that none of the seals are folded under.
Hmmmm.....I feel like some guy earlier suggested taking those bolts out completely....🤔😆😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: Chris and Martial
Get the Mopar hardtop seal kit and install the foam pads, it will stop leaking, easy fix, I had to do it a few times different areas on mine

Reactions: Hooperdog
I have fiddled with it some more - playing with the order of tightening the hasps and how hard I tighten the sound bar bolts, etc. Seems to be very little leaking at all right now - knock on wood. I think that repairing the seal from gasket to hard top (where the factory 2-sided tape or glue had failed) helped a lot. There is oddly a small leak up at the front which I don't think was there before. It's good enough to get us through the rest of the winter for now, and when I take it off next spring, I'll replace the long seal on the back of the freedom panels.

Reactions: mrjp